Sponsored

You know your dog likes your jeep when....

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
10K in surgeries, stung a little bit, but she is well worth it.
We actually just adopted a 15 year old (yes 15 years) dog from the SPCA, his owner passed away and my wife felt he should live out his life with us. You are not eeing double, same dog as my other little one.
Surprisingly my Shepherd is so cool with him, even lets him sleep on her bed, considering she is an Alpha that was not expected.

December 24 2018 oreo 041.JPG

December 24 2018 oreo 045.JPG

December 24 2018 oreo 046.JPG
May God bless you for adopting a 15 year old! Merry Christmas
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this parked at target yesterday ... this thread caused me to stop and grab a pic :)

E4B20F1F-16F0-49CF-9DCF-99B2262A137C.jpeg

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
"No, it's okay master, the Wrangler can take me for a walk today. You lay back, relax, do some of those things you've been meaning to do."

"Wait, before you go, can you put some poopie bags in the Wrangler's open driver's side window? I'm feeling the urge. Don't worry, she'll clean up after me.";)

wranglerwalkingdog.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question - anyone have their dog jump out when the top is down/off?

I haven’t taken my boy out in the Jeep, yet, because he’s the kind of dope that would definitely do that at a stop. I’m gonna get one of those harnesses, maybe. Also, right now my Jeep is the only possession I have that isn’t covered in dog hair.
Never happened to me in a Jeep of mine, but strangely enough in my wife's old '12 Camaro. Our 4 month old Airedale, Lincoln, was in the back seat behind the driver (my wife). She's short-ish and her seat was far enough forward to allow him to lean out the window. He leaned a little too far out and high-centered, then tumbled right out while going about 20-25 mph. We then immediately felt his leg go under the rear tire. It was one of the most sickening feelings I've ever had in my life.

Jumped out, picked up the whining, howling little pup, and cradled him while my wife drove us to the vet hospital. She was freaking out so I had to talk her down and calm the dog too and try to keep his body from moving.

Turns out he just fractured his leg, tough little pup. He got a cast on and recovered nicely, and he's now basically full grown a year later:

Lincoln_the_Airedale.JPG

(that's his older brother Riley in the bottom-left of the pic, a 10-year-old Pomeranian who's blind, diabetic and has hypothyroidism but ain't afraid to put Lincoln in his place)

I would HIGHLY encourage everyone to invest in a harness system for their dog, no matter what his/her past behavior has been. I won't let Lincoln in a Jeep without one - unless all the windows are 95% rolled up or higher. If my pup can make it out of the back of a Camaro somehow, a Jeep would be too easy to exit. Trust me, you don't want to go through that nightmare. Lincoln was lucky he didn't break ribs or die.

Having said that, we're obviously much more careful since that happened, but I can't wait for him to ride in my new JL when I get it. He loved the YJ and never jumped out of it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Never happened to me in a Jeep of mine, but strangely enough in my wife's old '12 Camaro. Our 4 month old Airedale, Lincoln, was in the back seat behind the driver (my wife). She's short-ish and her seat was far enough forward to allow him to lean out the window. He leaned a little too far out and high-centered, then tumbled right out while going about 20-25 mph. We then immediately felt his leg go under the rear tire. It was one of the most sickening feelings I've ever had in my life.

Jumped out, picked up the whining, howling little pup, and cradled him while my wife drove us to the vet hospital. She was freaking out so I had to talk her down and calm the dog too and try to keep his body from moving.

Turns out he just fractured his leg, tough little pup. He got a cast on and recovered nicely, and he's now basically full grown a year later:

Lincoln_the_Airedale.JPG

(that's his older brother Riley in the bottom-left of the pic, a 10-year-old Pomeranian who's blind, diabetic and has hypothyroidism but ain't afraid to put Lincoln in his place)

I would HIGHLY encourage everyone to invest in a harness system for their dog, no matter what his/her past behavior has been. I won't let Lincoln in a Jeep without one - unless all the windows are 95% rolled up or higher. If my pup can make it out of the back of a Camaro somehow, a Jeep would be too easy to exit. Trust me, you don't want to go through that nightmare. Lincoln was lucky he didn't break rib cages or die.

Having said that, we're obviously much more careful since that happened, but I can't wait for him to ride in my new JL when I get it. He loved the YJ and never jumped out of it.
Yikes!!

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
Kai and Shuksan after returning from a weekend stroll.

Jeep Dogs.jpg
We can’t fit all our dogs in the Jeep but the 2 young boys love to go The Jeep JLU fits 2 SUV crates perfect Have to take the Conversion Van or the Motorhome to take the whole gang

E4A91144-CEB6-4E85-9712-EA5BE6340B66.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had a ....kinda ... dog :) that liked /loved my JL . He hid under it everyday.... would not ride in it though .... anyway, he grew up and moved on...

20180521_113337.jpg
Sponsored