Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, the name of the thread is “you get what you pay for” and shows 2 vehicles in a crash test. Somehow it became a war on politics.
Ok I’ll try to re-rail the derail.
Did we get what we paid for in our beloved Jeeps? Or if your Jeep were wrecked or stolen tomorrow would you buy another?
Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

Hmmm, the name of the thread is “you get what you pay for” and shows 2 vehicles in a crash test. Somehow it became a war on politics.
Did we get what we paid for in our beloved Jeeps? Or if your Jeep were wrecked or stolen tomorrow would you buy another?
Ayn Rand would not buy another Jeep.

Sorry I couldn't resist. LOL. Okay, I'm done!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
co
Things may be more like how they should be, down your way. But new york just keeps getting worse. On top of the "safe" act, illegals can now vote and get drivers licenses, but becoming legal and tax paying isn't required for either. My wife and i are getting pretty locked in to the idea of her becoming a registered travel nurse, within the next 2 years. She'll make a ton of money, I'll be mostly retired and exploring trails everywhere we go, and after a few to several years we'll have a very good bead on where to lay roots again.
come to KY. Louisville has lots of hospitals and medical facilities, I met a traveling physical therapist who drives a JT, and your presence can help ky not become like NY

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
co

come to KY. Louisville has lots of hospitals and medical facilities, I met a traveling physical therapist who drives a JT, and your presence can help ky not become like NY
You’re so right. NYC has become such a s**tshow. The Liberal Democrats keep supporting these domestic terrorists now the animals run the zoo. Even liberal Howard Stern said a few weeks ago that people are leaving in droves because of COVID. Give me a break,

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
... It may become policy to ask every patient if they have any firearms in their homes....
What's funny is that you think the patients will tell the truth.
Someone could have a whole pile of guns and simply say "nope, I don't have guns." Easy as that. Heck they lie to the BMV all the time and say they have, and will continue to have auto insurance. There's no way people will be honest about having guns in their homes when it has no bearing on the situation.

..... Hot nurses love German engineering, afterall...
Ja, Ich bin Duetsche. ;)

Yeah, I tired that too, and it didn't stick.
But to answer the question, and try to get back on track again. I think we got what we paid for. They do crash pretty well. And lets face it, you typically don't buy a vehicle for its crash safety only. We get a lot of enjoyment out of the Wrangler that the G-Wagon just doesn't offer. No way is their aftermarket as big, and the Wrangler is world renowned for its off-road capability. Is it the best off-road vehicle ever made? Maybe, maybe not, but it does great. So yeah, considering there is more than just crash testing, I'd say we absolutely got what we paid for, and I don't see how the Mercede's higher price tag shows more worth. You're paying for the name.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What's funny is that you think the patients will tell the truth.
Someone could have a whole pile of guns and simply say "nope, I don't have guns." Easy as that. Heck they lie to the BMV all the time and say they have, and will continue to have auto insurance. There's no way people will be honest about having guns in their homes when it has no bearing on the situation.

Ja, Ich bin Duetsche. ;)

Yeah, I tired that too, and it didn't stick.
But to answer the question, and try to get back on track again. I think we got what we paid for. They do crash pretty well. And lets face it, you typically don't buy a vehicle for its crash safety only. We get a lot of enjoyment out of the Wrangler that the G-Wagon just doesn't offer. No way is their aftermarket as big, and the Wrangler is world renowned for its off-road capability. Is it the best off-road vehicle ever made? Maybe, maybe not, but it does great. So yeah, considering there is more than just crash testing, I'd say we absolutely got what we paid for, and I don't see how the Mercede's higher price tag shows more worth. You're paying for the name.
I most definitely agree with you about the value of not showing ones hand. I opt to see but not be seen and hear but not be heard, until someone mistakes me for a potential opportunity.

I can foresee a large number of firearm owners, who are not at least semi enthusiasts, that will give the knee jerk reaction without being aware of the game at play.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I got what I paid for and a whole lot of memories. And a half ass spotter.

Sponsored

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Each star in rating costs $40,000.00 more

Did anybody notice the interior of the Gwagon coming apart? Even the drivers side headrest separated and became a projectile. But I guess that doesn't matter huh?

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
wonder why they did not include the emergency braking sensing on jeep.
Um, because that is not the purpose of a crash test. A crash test has nothing to do with avoiding an accident, it is all about how the structures of a vehicle holds up to and during the destructive forces of a crash. Frontal, side and rollover are the conducted tests as they are the most common forms of an accident and in that scenario emergency braking is not that useful. The front collision is set to mimic a head-on collision of two cars traveling in opposite directions. While it can activate in that scenario, emergency braking is most useful in helping to avoid a rear-end collision.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It’s impressive how that truck stops so suddenly. Take it from me though, I drove 18 wheelers in the early 80’s. If they’re loaded they aren’t stopping like that.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
[URL='https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/goto/post?id=1262937' said:
msdesignltd said:[/URL]]
wonder why they did not include the emergency braking sensing on jeep.
Um, because that is not the purpose of a crash test. A crash test has nothing to do with avoiding an accident, it is all about how the structures of a vehicle holds up to and during the destructive forces of a crash. Frontal, side and rollover are the conducted tests as they are the most common forms of an accident and in that scenario emergency braking is not that useful. The front collision is set to mimic a head-on collision of two cars traveling in opposite directions. While it can activate in that scenario, emergency braking is most useful in helping to avoid a rear-end collision.
I think the question was asked because the video shows them testing it on the Mercedes (between 2:33 - 3:00 min in the video). Obviously you have to crash the car to crash test it. The point is, they gave the G-Wagon higher scores based on collision avoidance.
Msdesignltd, the reason it wasn't included on the Jeep was because it's an optional feature. Typically safety ratings are based on standard equipment, not available options. Especially when comparing one model to the next if you're model has it standard and the competition doesn't.
Sponsored