You Get What You Pay For..

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
It’s impressive how that truck stops so suddenly. Take it from me though, I drove 18 wheelers in the early 80’s. If they’re loaded they aren’t stopping like that.
Yeah, very impressive indeed. Certainly not the typical stopping distance for a semi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
msdesignltd

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the 18 wheeler emergency braking video is computer generated...however this feature is what we might expect in the future

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Doesn't surprise me at the MB came on top. As the OP said you get what you pay for. That said, I still chose the Jeep over the G-Wagon.

Side story on the safety of MB going back a number of years when I was around 20. There was a railroad crossing that passed between a residential area and the back side of a supermarket. Because of the shrubs, trucks, and the curve in the tracks, you could not see the train coming until it was just about at the gates. Two ladies in their S class (for those not familiar with the Mercedes line it's their full-sized sedan - quite large) tried to cross the tracks to beat the train. The Benz was hit by the train and carried a good way down the tracks before the train could come to a halt. The news story stated the first responders arrived at the scene expecting to recover bodies but found the vehicle empty. The two ladies had managed to get out of the vehicle when it came to a halt and were outside waiting with other bystanders for the police and ambulance to arrive. They did have some relatively minor injuries but the fire department said the occupants of any other vehicle would have been killed. They were amazed they two ladies were not more seriously injured (the Benz was a total loss). Mercedes are very expensive but they build a tank for the price.
Sponsored