2008 JKUX
I don’t wave anymore. Few people do.
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Dudes and dudettes- it’s a Jeep. Not a wrangler, not a truck, not a car. If you tell someone you own a Jeep- they know what you mean. They don’t assume a Liberty or Compass.

Part two- if you have a compass or a liberty, you don’t have a Jeep. You have a car.

Part 3- you do not Jeep wave a Compass or Liberty. Oh, you can waive... but not Jeep wave. Some sort or goofy soccer mom/dad style wave is fine. Practice in the mirror.

Part 4- A JT is neither a Jeep, nor a truck. It is allowed a wave, but it needs to be prefaced by saying “I have a Jeep pickup” in casual conversation. More or less than that constitutes a breach in the “I have a Jeep” contract and will result in some sort of flogging or a requirement to eat salad for a week.

OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
signed

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Dudes and dudettes- it’s a Jeep. Not a wrangler, not a truck, not a car. If you tell someone you own a Jeep- they know what you mean. They don’t assume a Liberty or Compass.

Part two- if you have a compass or a liberty, you don’t have a Jeep. You have a car.

Part 3- you do not Jeep wave a Compass or Liberty. Oh, you can waive... but not Jeep wave. Some sort or goofy soccer mom/dad style wave is fine. Practice in the mirror.

Part 4- A JT is neither a Jeep, nor a truck. It is allowed a wave, but it needs to be prefaced by saying “I have a Jeep pickup” in casual conversation. More or less than that constitutes a breach in the “I have a Jeep” contract and will result in some sort of flogging or a requirement to eat salad for a week.
Well, that's your opinion.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I've always just called it a jeep. Like the other guy said, people know what you mean when you say jeep.

The 4-door hate, mocking or serious, is getting played out, too. It used to be funny, but now it's just pathetic. I mean, I for sure am going back to a 2-door once my daughter is grown up and I don't need the extra space and comfort for my family, but I've actually come to like the look of the 4-door more than the 2. I used to be one of the bros who would chuckle and say the 4-door looks like a bus or whatever, but now I think the 2-doors look stunted and a little wonky. It's one thing when I was a teenager and a few cubic feet of space was totally rad to keep up the image, but now I can't even count how often the extra space has come in handy for people and cargo.

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
its 2019. Your Jeep can identify itself any way it wants to. Just make sure you get the pronouns right, or you might trigger it.:giggle:
Yes exactly! I just hate it when people just assume what Jeep I have. Just because it has 4 doors and is a 2010 model does not mean it is a JKU. My jeep identifies as a white, 2 door TJ with 35" tyres and everyone needs to respect that....

Oh and here in Australia Jeeps are normally trucks by the more old fashioned people, cars by the clueless people or Forbies by anyone who goes off-roading and isn't into jeeps.

I just call mine a Jeep and get slightly broken hearted whenever people don't immediately know I mean a wrangler.

willysjeep17

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys Wheeler W Jeep JK
I will just say this, everybody knows the wave really applies to wranglers and cj’s. Yeah it’s called jeep wave but waving to a compass or patriot or renegade just no..... would y’all wave at this too

5885039E-4698-425C-B94B-5944A504EC4C.jpeg

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase

It's too bad that we don't have a laugh option for posts.

Sponsored

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I will just say this, everybody knows the wave really applies to wranglers and cj’s. Yeah it’s called jeep wave but waving to a compass or patriot or renegade just no..... would y’all wave at this too

5885039E-4698-425C-B94B-5944A504EC4C.jpeg
LOL! Yeah, the older Cherokees aren't at all capable, or real Jeeps.

If they wave, I wave. Not a big deal. I'll wave to most Jeeps because I'm not a purist asshole that refuses to come to grips with the fact that their vehicle isn't the only game in town anymore in the Jeep world.

Next thing you know, someone is going to say "Only wave to Rubicons."

Status
Not open for further replies.