Not open for further replies.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
I got a "Jeep wave" at night! :rock::like:. It was a tricked out Jeep (thats all i know since it was dark) and s/he saw me coming from the opposite direction and flashed the lights at me! Of course I returned the "wave"!

It was very cool!!!!

This kinda reenforces the idea that modded out Jeeps wave more!:jk:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator is the only Jeep truck, except for the old Scramblers, Commanches, et al.

The 2 door is the only true vehicle that needs waves.

The rest of us drive station wagons or maybe you call yours an SUV if you're feeling sassy.

Now, go to work and stop worrying about nonsense.
Really? So are we going to start calling Jeep Wranglers Wagons??? Or how about Off Road Vehicles?? Or Almost Trucks??
And "The 2 door is the only true vehicle that needs waves." WTF??????
Sounds like you need to go back to work.....

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I got a "Jeep wave" at night! :rock::like:. It was a tricked out Jeep (thats all i know since it was dark) and s/he saw me coming from the opposite direction and flashed the lights at me! Of course I returned the "wave"!

It was very cool!!!!

This kinda reenforces the idea that modded out Jeeps wave more!:jk:
Probably just because your headlights are out of adjustment :LOL:

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just to irritate you guys, I will call it a car.

car /kär/ noun
  1. a vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.
kitten killer

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Truck ? - Never would even consider insulting my Wrangler :punch:
Wagon? - Maybe a Four door if it had 3rd row seating :giggle:
Car? - STFU or die by fire :angry:
Rig? - not my preference, but; it don't get my blood pressure boiling:lipssealed:

I drive a JEEP or Wrangler .. Simple as that :)

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Sooooo, I shouldn't have waved at the nicely Modded XJ chick I saw yesterday?

She waved back...damnit, we both are rebel rule breakers.

Next time I see her I will tell her to stop this waving nonsense.

or should I flip her the bird? LMAO

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see, full frame, check. Solid axles, check. Longitudinal powertrain configuration, check. Chair height seating, check. 4wd with locked center differential, check.

If it walks like a truck, quacks like a truck, and flies like a truck, then it's a truck.

Next silly issue....

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey, I’ll just leave this here and tiptoe out:

In the years I owned a TJ and YJ, my completely un-scientific, probably-skewed-by-confirmation-bias conclusion is that statistically the 4-door Wranglers waved back at me less often than the 2-doors. And of the 2-doors, the TJ’s and YJ’s waved more consistently than the JK’s.

Lifted/modified JK’s waved more consistently than bone stock JK’s.

I haven’t owned a Jeep since the JL came out, but I have faith that y’all are gonna wave! Don’t let me down in a few weeks when I get my JLR!
In my experience, it's all about the demographics who actually buys the said vehicle, soccer moms and pretentious girlfriends won't ever wave to you, because they don't even know what a Jeep wave is. I live in an very Asian part of Vancouver where people buy vehicles based solely on status symbol and looks, Asians (Chinese), especially Asian women, will never wave to you. Many are either on/looking down their phones or putting on make up, or white knuckling the steering wheels to even care about their peripheral vision. I know someone who drives a Wrangler because it "looks badass" and they have trouble differentiating their own Wrangler from lets say a Renegade or Liberty and never even touched the drive shifter because they don't know how to engage it.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
In my experience, it's all about the demographics who actually buys the said vehicle, soccer moms and pretentious girlfriends won't ever wave to you, because they don't even know what a Jeep wave is. I live in an very Asian part of Vancouver where people buy vehicles based solely on status symbol and looks, Asians (Chinese), especially Asian women, will never wave to you. Many are either on/looking down their phones or putting on make up, or white knuckling the steering wheels to even care about their peripheral vision. I know someone who drives a Wrangler because it "looks badass" and they have trouble differentiating their own Wrangler from lets say a Renegade or Liberty and never even touched the drive shifter because they don't know how to engage it.
Well I’ve never heard it called a “drive shifter” before. It’s always been a transfer case selector or transfer case shifter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.