You can buy a bronco today!

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
A fix for all those misguided souls ;) waiting a little longer now ...

0d0b2bf8-c888-4991-8cb1-c2eef0df339e-jpeg.jpg

9082d304-e7bd-4edb-851b-7486765243f5-jpeg.jpg

Those are some serious spacers! :)
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I parked next to a Bronco Sport the other day, and as I walked away looking back at both vehicles, I thought to myself how stupid of Ford to release the Sport first!!!

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I parked next to a Bronco Sport the other day, and as I walked away looking back at both vehicles, I thought to myself how stupid of Ford to release the Sport first!!!
The question I ask is why even do the Bronco Sport because it's "based" on the Escape. You have a vehicle that size, so you release a competitor to it. WTF?

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The question I ask is why even do the Bronco Sport because it's "based" on the Escape. You have a vehicle that size, so you release a competitor to it. WTF?
I think they had two reasons - probably faster to get to the Sport to market since a good portion of the parts and tooling (along with assembly capacity) were already available and second, it's not really a direct competitor. Most people who buy Jeeps (or that will buy Broncos) won't take them off road so the Sport is a lower cost option to get a vehicle that looks good.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think they had two reasons - probably faster to get to the Sport to market since a good portion of the parts and tooling (along with assembly capacity) were already available and second, it's not really a direct competitor. Most people who buy Jeeps (or that will buy Broncos) won't take them off road so the Sport is a lower cost option to get a vehicle that looks good.
You just confirmed my question of Fords sanity. If your NOT taking it off road, wouldn't the Escape do the same as the Bronco Sport? Ford is even making an "offroad" package for the Explorer! Again I state WTF???!!!!
Sponsored