You can’t drive my Jeep.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
99.9% of the time I‘m the only one that drives my Jeep. Mr. Wonderful will drive my her to the car wash, clean her, & bring her back home to me. He really would rather be the passenger in any of our vehicles so I usually do most of the driving anyway.
Jeep Wrangler JL You can’t drive my Jeep. 1679143343414
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Does anyone else NOT let their wife/husband/significant other drive their Jeep?
I love my wife more than anything, but she is the worst driver in the world. She has wrecked every vehicle she has owned. Some multiple times and I won’t take a chance with my Jeep. Am I the only one being too protective?
My wife ran a deer over 2 miles from our house the first time she drove it. She has jumped it 5 feet in the air, almost flipped it over backwards twice. Rammed it through huge mud holes and had it in water to the door handles. She can drive it when ever she wants.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Does anyone else NOT let their wife/husband/significant other drive their Jeep?
I love my wife more than anything, but she is the worst driver in the world. She has wrecked every vehicle she has owned. Some multiple times and I won’t take a chance with my Jeep. Am I the only one being too protective?
My wife is like little Maggie on “The Simpsons”. She falls, trips, cuts, or splats every month, but she takes fantastic care of her car. She can drive anything we own — don’t care about the vehicles — but these days, with drivers less capable, more stoned, and less engaged than ever before, I want her driving a Suburban. When the crash comes, the one with the most lug nuts always wins.

OP
OP
26 confirmed

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
So you are married to Wreck It Ralph’s sister…? 🤔
Yep, my blood pressure skyrockets if I am in her truck while she is driving. Whenever we go somewhere together, I have to drive. I don’t even let her push the shopping cart.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
39 years for me today (3/17/94).........don't think it can get much worse...😕.......................just kidding, life is good, wife is awesome, and Jeepin' is great.
??? doesn't add up.....unless you're saying 29 years with her FEELS like 39 years.....now THAT I get

Sponsored

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
??? doesn't add up.....unless you're saying 29 years with her FEELS like 39 years.....now THAT I get
Correction..... married in '84…,....... don't tell my wife that I screwed that up,....

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
She wants to learn, but not until the weather is nicer and my clutch is thoroughly broken in, which makes sense to me.
Well you know, the first time she drives it and it catches on fire.....she is going to be....uhhh....slightly pissed off, so hope you have a comfortable bed in the guest room

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
my wife is spectacular at a huge number of things. driving doesn't happen to be one of them.

frankly, her driving scares me so much i do all the driving when we're together, but her track record is a far sight better than the OPs wife. (to think that we share the roads with people like that is frightening!)

the Zouchette is definitely not what anyone would call a "Car Person". i generally set her up in a car that is 'hers' and try to ignore it after that (except for service/maintenance) because i can't stand how she treats cars.
aside from the 'her' car we still have the old J**p and she likes driving that, so she does that sometimes; truth is it wouldn't be easy to find a new scratch on it. but she doesn't seem to be able to manage the JLU in its current configuration even out in the Dez where there's nothing around, so she doesn't.

frankly, even if someone could give me the pile of money we've put into the JLU (and even if we *could* get another diesel to replace it), the amount of time i've spent setting things up and dialing it in is irreplaceable; i'd rather not have to do that all over again.

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
I let her drive mine, but I’m always relieved when she gets back home (un-scathed)…and I’m always nervous if I receive a call from her when she’s driving it.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
99.9% of the time I‘m the only one that drives my Jeep. Mr. Wonderful will drive my her to the car wash, clean her, & bring her back home to me. He really would rather be the passenger in any of our vehicles so I usually do most of the driving anyway.
Was gonna say that there's nothing wrong with marrying a gay guy, but then noticed your avatar and must admit that I'd rather be on the passenger side of a pink Jeep too ;)

Sponsored

DeathWobbler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Wife only drives my Jeep when she doesn't want to get her Durango dirty.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Don’t want her to drive it, she has to think it’s her idea. Upon bringing My 392 home she climbed in and “ This Is Bullsh!t, I need running boards, and it’s Too Loud” I got the little Mopar step assist, bigger tires, and never told her about the Loud Button. It’s Mine 😁

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife looks amazing driving my Jeep... A chance to see a redhead wheeling a Rubicon!? She can drive it whenever she wants 😏

That said, she normally opts to just hop in the passenger seat and enjoy the sights and wind on any given drive/trip.