You can’t drive my Jeep.

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
Does anyone else NOT let their wife/husband/significant other drive their Jeep?
I love my wife more than anything, but she is the worst driver in the world. She has wrecked every vehicle she has owned. Some multiple times and I won’t take a chance with my Jeep. Am I the only one being too protective?
Sponsored

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
My wife let's me drive her Jeep so I keep my mouth shut. We bought it for her but over a period of about 3 months she just kept leaving it in the driveway more and more and driving the Tacoma. So I would drive the Jeep. I became a Jeep fanatic nutjob and she enjoyed watching me smile more than driving it herself so she just turned it over to me. As soon as the whole MY24 ordering mess gets straightened out we will either place an order for a MY24 or find an existing MY23 Jeep Rubicon w/XR and SOT top. Works for me.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RubiconOO7

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2015 BMW X5M
Wife has never driven the Jeep, but that said, she also likes to be a passenger and sit back, look out and around etc...

I don't like anyone driving my vehicles, especially dealerships, I'll change my own Oil before I let a dealership drive it.

Part of it I think is my clinical OCD, which I'm not proud of, as it brings with it allot of very unpleasant side effects. :(:flag:

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Wife is good but I flat out told my kids I liked my Jeep more than them and they’re lucky they get to ride in it sometimes. ;)

teenagers are fun

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I love my wife more than anything, but she is the worst driver in the world. She has wrecked every vehicle she has owned. Some multiple times and I won’t take a chance with my Jeep. Am I the only one being too protective?
My wife drove a manual for 15 years, but when we picked it up from Peterson Jeep in Nampa back in July 2019 and she asked me what the numbers meant on the shifter and what I was doing with my left foot I decided there and then that I would be the only one driving it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Mm. If you were using a microscope, you still couldn't locate my wife's interest in my Jeep. Or my motorcycles.

She gets a pass regarding the bikes; I know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

As for the Wrangler, though, as long as she's willing to take the keys fob if or when I can't, that'll be enough for me.

She's an excellent driver, actually. My only quibble is that, given the opportunity, she'd "park by contact" in the garage. And so this $10 plastic stop sign earns its keep. 😜

Jeep Wrangler JL You can’t drive my Jeep. PbC1

Sponsored

Good jeep

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired
My wife has two Jeeps and I have never driven one of them. I have my own Chevy Tahoe.
I am the Co-pilot/shotgun when we go trailing. I do all the air down and air up and all the other dirty work. :like:
I do get to operate the GMRS and do the ONX on my tablet.
I get to wash and wax it for letting me do the above.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
My wife has two Jeeps and I have never driven one of them. I have my own Chevy Tahoe.
I am the Co-pilot/shotgun when we go trailing. I do all the air down and air up and all the other dirty work. :like:
I do get to operate the GMRS and do the ONX on my tablet.
I get to wash and wax it for letting me do the above.
Anybody else hear a loud, cracking sound??? :)

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Wife has never driven the Jeep, but that said, she also likes to be a passenger and sit back, look out and around etc...

I don't like anyone driving my vehicles, especially dealerships, I'll change my own Oil before I let a dealership drive it.

Part of it I think is my clinical OCD, which I'm not proud of, as it brings with it allot of very unpleasant side effects. :(:flag:
I have clinical OCD and it can be overbearing. I won’t let anyone ride in the backseat (part of the reason I got a 2 door), my wife only drives it if I need a DD, I don’t drive it in the rain, I avoid late drives when warm because of bugs…I’m overkill but it is what it is.