You can’t drive my Jeep.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
My wife's pretty decent driver, she's very cautious careful. I try and get her to drive my Wrangler more often, but she doesn't like how tall it is. If she has to she has before, but she doesn't like to.

Pretty much I'm designated driver in my family
Same with my wife. After almost 2 years of ownership, she has only driven it once. She hated that one time.

Last edited:

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
she likes driving my truck in the winter because it has heated seats, her Willys doesent. I pretty much like driving her Willys any time I can.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
A. The divorce would cost me at least 20 times what the jeep did. Go ahead and try to tell my wife what you're going to "let" her do and see how that works out for you
B. The Jeep is her daily driver
C. She's a better driver and has way more off road experience than most people on the planet. Contrary to the opinions expressed by a lot of guys on here, you're dangly bits don't make you a better driver
D. I've been letting my kid and friends kids learn to drive off road at as young as 8 in our Jeeps for 15 years, if I can teach an 8 year old not to crash on the Rubicon trail, you should be able to teach the wife to drive on a road?

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
My hubby wants little to do with my Jeep …he says it’s bumpy and noisy. The man drives a bumpy F150 (it is fancy and quiet tho) and a Harley…go figure:). I had 1994 2 door/soft top when I met him which he referred to as a death trap:). I’m totally good with that:).

Jeep Wrangler JL You can’t drive my Jeep. 20230223_154219
Women Jeepers must crush it on dating websites...LOL

"You had me at Jeep Owner" Tom Cruise in some movie I can't remember

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
She takes it for groceries all the time. And occasionally to work when I need her car on Fridays when its my turn to drive to lunch.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Baby, you can drive my car
Yes, I'm gonna be a star
Baby, you can drive my car
And maybe I love you

Beep-beep, beep-beep, yeah!

I guess maybe you have to be old for it to make sense...............

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Two Jeep family here too, both lifted the same. She has the 3.6 eTorque Sahara (built), I have the 2.0T Rubicon (built). Both are JLUs. I drive both, she will drive mine if she has to, but prefers hers, because my 2.0T is “too peppy” for her. 🤣

We only off-road in my JLUR. I have tried to get her to drive the trails, but she far prefers to be the passenger, as we drive pretty challenging trails, and my off-road skills are pretty good.

She‘s a good, Southern country girl, and is an excellent driver on the road and around the farm, but has no desire to learn the skills necessary for challenging trails. I much prefer to drive off-road anyway, because I LOVE it! Even when I was in the Army and was assigned a lower-ranked driver, I usually took over driving, for survivability purposes, and handed radio duty to my assistant.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My wife has banged up her share of cars and then some.

That said, I'm old and together with our resources, I keep a rational perspective: the jeep is a toy and toys come and go. I did tell her "...for better or worse ..." :LOL:

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
As a professional driver for 30+ years I'll confidently say I'm a better driver than my wife (it has nothing to do with dangly bits😎🔩) .
She isn't in need as she has her own nice G.C anyway.
And no way I'm adjusting the mirrors on MY jeep, that crosses a line.🗽🙃

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has banged up her share of cars and then some.

That said, I'm old and together with our resources, I keep a rational perspective: the jeep is a toy and toys come and go. I did tell her "...for better or worse ..." :LOL:
39 years for me today (3/17/94).........don't think it can get much worse...😕.......................just kidding, life is good, wife is awesome, and Jeepin' is great.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Wife is good but I flat out told my kids I liked my Jeep more than them and they’re lucky they get to ride in it sometimes. ;)

teenagers are fun
We are opposites then. My 17 year old daughter daily drives the yellow one in my avatar. She loves it! She's actually showing an interest in driving everything I own and I will let her. I've had tons of fun over my lifetime with driving all sorts of different things and I hope she can too.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
oh and my wife has her own Jeep... but I drove it today and try to once a week since she works from home and doesn't really drive much

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
39 years for me today (3/17/94).........don't think it can get much worse...😕.......................just kidding, life is good, wife is awesome, and Jeepin' is great.
For the record, my wife hates my Jeep. She will only drive it if it's the only thing available out of our 3 vehicles. She'd rather drive my massive crewcab.
Sponsored