Sponsored

Yokohama 35's on Stock JL Rubicon - No Lift, Factory Rims - Feedback

reddjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
hey all,

as i've stalked most of the threads about 35's on the Rubi, i figured i'd give others something else to read who are thinking of doing this.

i have a 2018+ JLUR with the upgraded stock rims and just put Yokohama 35/12.5/R17 Geolander X-AT's on it. aesthetically, they look awesome. the spare on the back fits with very little rubbing after taking down the psi to 25. when i left the shop they put 37psi on all the tires and that caused the spare to rub, but it still closed on the steel bumper..rubbed enough to be annoying. going down to 25psi makes it easier to close and still give some support to the spare from the bumper. i may get some silicone spray and spray the bottom of the tire and bumper to make it unnoticeable (as suggested on a thread).

anyway...the tires def look bigger than the 33's BFG KO2's that i just took off....had about 25k miles on them and it didn't hurt as much to replace them (they didn't last as long as i though...probably had a few thousand miles left on them). kept the new one coming off the spare and will see if i can sell it or maybe keep it as an extra.

i also have the gladiator rubicon, and to keep things in perspective....the JT was a little taller than the JL before the Yoko's went on. Now the JL is taller. i measured off of the lip of the steel front bumper and it's about 1.5" taller (both jeeps have the same bumper).

anway...attaching some pics. the tires went on a straight swap for the factory ones...no spacers, no bumpers, offsets, or anything. the new ones do stick out a little...but not very noticeable (which i like).

the ride isn't very different and the mph isn't off by that much...maybe 3 mph vs what shows up on google maps. i have a tazer and will adjust the tire size.

also, the shop set the psi on all the tires to 37...i put them down to 34 after reading through countless threads about the subject lol

hope this helps anyone thinking of doing this and thanks to everyone that posted on the subject as i'm sure i read what you posted.
Jeep Wrangler JL Yokohama 35's on Stock JL Rubicon - No Lift, Factory Rims - Feedback back yokohamas
Jeep Wrangler JL Yokohama 35's on Stock JL Rubicon - No Lift, Factory Rims - Feedback profile - yokohamas
Jeep Wrangler JL Yokohama 35's on Stock JL Rubicon - No Lift, Factory Rims - Feedback side by side - JT - JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Yokohama 35's on Stock JL Rubicon - No Lift, Factory Rims - Feedback side by side 2
Sponsored