Yeti cooler for my 2 door.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have never used a Yeti branded soft side cooler, but I've used AO, Rtic, and Ozark Trail. If you are just looking to hold ice for 24 hours or so, they might work for you, but dont expect any longer. The best of the 3 I listed is the RTIC and I still have to put ice in it every single morning. Most mornings there would be no ice at all left. Thats sitting in a car on a cool day not being opened much.

I finally got sick of that and bought a Yeti Roadie 24 last year and its awesome. Just went out for 8 days and had to add two bags (16lbs) of ice through the whole trip. Considering I did not precool the cooler or half of the drinks, thats pretty damn good.

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
When Yeti’s first hit the market I was blown away with their quality. The cost however was higher than giraffe pu$$y. Aside from the Tundra (and even some of them) the rest are made in the Philippines or China.

Grizzly is superior in every way IMO and are 100% US made. They’re also tougher than a $2.00 ribeye.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I actually decided to take the back seat out and going the route of fridge. So far, I only had two occasions where someone sat in the back and they never offered to sit back there again.

I am going the route of @AdvDegree setup, hopefully in black :please:

Sponsored

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
My Yeti 35 fits very easily, probably could fit a 45+... on a side note, I dont think Yeti is overpriced. Their products work as intended. Other brands I have tried, have not come close to the Yeti performance . Also look into their Pro Program for a discount.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I read several reviews with folks testing the Yeti vs. the RTic with the results being pretty similar. I ended up getting a Yeti Tundra 45.

On vacation in North Carolina last week, I packed four 32oz. Nalgene bottles that I had filled with water and frozen in our new Yeti, one in each corner. I added several bottles of water, tea, and Pepsi (pre-chilled), and maybe four cups of ice from the freezer on Wednesday morning. The cooler sat in the back of my wife's Telluride in the full sun of the southern part of the NC coast untouched until Friday evening, when she wanted to put leftovers from the restaurant in there. The loose ice had melted, but the Nalgenes still had some ice in them. I bought a bag of ice then to be safe and by the time we got home Sunday night (Yeti in the car the entire time), most of the ice had melted, but the Nalgenes were still mostly frozen and it was still cold.

I don't know how that compares with the competitors, but I'm impressed.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I have never used a Yeti branded soft side cooler, but I've used AO, Rtic, and Ozark Trail. If you are just looking to hold ice for 24 hours or so, they might work for you, but dont expect any longer. The best of the 3 I listed is the RTIC and I still have to put ice in it every single morning. Most mornings there would be no ice at all left. Thats sitting in a car on a cool day not being opened much.

I finally got sick of that and bought a Yeti Roadie 24 last year and its awesome. Just went out for 8 days and had to add two bags (16lbs) of ice through the whole trip. Considering I did not precool the cooler or half of the drinks, thats pretty damn good.
I love my Yeti Roadie 24. I think if I were buying coolers over again id look at RTIC. I got my big yeti cooler on sale years ago and I've been happy with it, I probably wouldn't have paid full price though. I think my 65qt was like $220

Deleted member 59098

I have some cheap hard cooler that fits in the back with seats up. I’ve owned it well before the JL. Most of my overlanding philosophy stems from bicycle touring japan, where you grab food and beer from 7-11 and haul it around in a plastic bag. Yeti coolers are for organ harvesting.

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Yeti has a Pro Program that you can apply for. I signed up a few years ago and while it doesn't give me discounts on new products or colors they release, it does give me 25-30% off almost everything else which is nice.
Sponsored