Sponsored

Yet another "is this a good setup?" thread . :-)

Tiderian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon
Hi all. Looking into my first Jeep. Here's the config I'm thinking about:

2-door Rubicon
Firecracker Red
Black hard top (almost winter here!)
Leather trimmed seats
Hardtop headliner
Remote start
Remote prox keyless entry

Tow/electrical group
8.4"/Premium audio group
Steel bumper group
LED lighting group
Cold weather group
3.6L w/auto trans

Good plan?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

2-door Rubicon
Firecracker Red
Leather trimmed seats
Hardtop headliner
Remote start

Tow/electrical group
8.4"/Premium audio group
Steel bumper group
LED lighting group
Cold weather group
3.6L w/auto trans

Good plan?
Personally, I'd ditch the mopar headliner. For about the same cost, Hot Heads has a higher quality headliner with added sound deadening strips and optional panels that go around the back side windows. Otherwise, looks like a nice build. I too prefer fully loaded vehicles.

Congrats and welcome to the community!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

2-door Rubicon
Firecracker Red
Leather trimmed seats
Hardtop headliner
Remote start

Tow/electrical group
8.4"/Premium audio group

Steel bumper group
LED lighting group
Cold weather group

3.6L w/auto trans

Good plan?
Nice build! You will love the keyless entry, 8.4" Alpine, LEDs, Cold group, tow with AUX switches. Those are MUST HAVE in my opinion.

OP
OP

Tiderian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon
Personally, I'd ditch the mopar headliner. For about the same cost, Hot Heads has a higher quality headliner with added sound deadening strips and optional panels that go around the back side windows. Otherwise, looks like a nice build. I too prefer fully loaded vehicles.

Congrats and welcome to the community!
Thanks!
In the pictures I see, the stock headliner looks like it only involves the front 2 top panels. Do you know if it also has anything over the back seats and cargo area or around the windows?

I see that Hotheads has that option but I didn't know if the factory install did something similar.

OP
OP

Tiderian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon
Nice build! You will love the keyless entry, 8.4" Alpine, LEDs, Cold group, tow with AUX switches. Those are MUST HAVE in my opinion.
Thanks! I reckon if I'm gonna spend that much for just the base model I might as well go all in and get everything I might want. :)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
In the pictures I see, the stock headliner looks like it only involves the front 2 top panels. Do you know if it also has anything over the back seats and cargo area or around the windows?

I see that Hotheads has that option but I didn't know if the factory install did something similar.
Both the mopar and hot heads cover the entire top all the way back to the rear window, but only hot heads offers the window frame panels and the sound assassin strips.

I lurked around every dealer on long island before ordering, and more than half the wranglers that had the mopar headliner had one or more panels falling down. I hit a pothole on one of the test drives, to see how the jeep reacted, and the rear cargo panel came loose and blocked the rear window for the rest of the drive. When we got back, the salesman pushed it back up and it fell completely off after he closed the tailgate.

I originally thought a headliner was going to be one of the first things done after taking delivery, but 8 months have gone by now and not having one hasn't at all been an issue. I got it right before the coldest part of last winter and just went through summer. Alls good.

OP
OP

Tiderian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon
Both the mopar and hot heads cover the entire top all the way back to the rear window, but only hot heads offers the window frame panels and the sound assassin strips.

I lurked around every dealer on long island before ordering, and more than half the wranglers that had the mopar headliner had one or more panels falling down. I hit a pothole on one of the test drives, to see how the jeep reacted, and the rear cargo panel came loose and blocked the rear window for the rest of the drive. When we got back, the salesman pushed it back up and it fell completely off after he closed the tailgate.

I originally thought a headliner was going to be one of the first things done after taking delivery, but 8 months have gone by now and not having one hasn't at all been an issue. I got it right before the coldest part of last winter and just went through summer. Alls good.
Thanks! Thinking I'll just skip it and put in some aftermarket when spring comes.
Sponsored