Sponsored

Yet another dealer trying to price gouge.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I don't know how these POS car salesman sleep at night
Allow me to be a contrarian. Imagine on a dealer forum, a dealer posts a thread "Yet another buyer gets away with 7% below invoice!", in which someone replies:

"I don't know how these POS car buyers sleep at night"

Does that sound ridiculous to you?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
They never has and never will be an over abundance of used Wranglers. Excellent resale value and they never sit on a dealers lot for long.
This 👆, and all the morons falling off Ouray Pass in their new Jeeps…

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
They never has and never will be an over abundance of used Wranglers. Excellent resale value and they never sit on a dealers lot for long.
Fact one of my local dealers has no new JL/JLU's

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Allow me to be a contrarian. Imagine on a dealer forum, a dealer posts a thread "Yet another buyer gets away with 7% below invoice!", in which someone replies:

"I don't know how these POS car buyers sleep at night"

Does that sound ridiculous to you?
So do to supply and demand it's all right to gouge ppl with $1000.00 or more mark ups ?

Sponsored

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Fact one of my local dealers has no new JL/JLU's
My local CDJR has had ZERO new JLs or JTs for over a month now.

The other day they got a used 2020 Gladiator Mojave with almost 40k miles, listed at $55g (manual trans, soft top). Sold within a week :LOL:

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So do to supply and demand it's all right to gouge ppl with $1000.00 or more mark ups ?

Basically yes. Welcome to capitalism and a free economy 101. If the vehicle isn’t worth the asking price then don’t buy it. As long as people are willing to pay sticker or over sticker for a vehicle then some of not most dealers will ask for more. Easier to do when supply is low. Hence supply vs demand.

I would wait if they asked me to pay sticker or more. I don’t need a Jeep. I wanted one. If you need an vehicle then a Jeep Wrangler should not be on the list. There are much cheaper and more practice vehicles. A wrangler is a want.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
This article is an interesting and quick read. As it turns out, WA has no "price gouging" or "unconscionable pricing laws in place" (I assume that's where the OP is from based on profile). Many states only enforce them during a State of Emergency, and even then some only enforce on necessities. I think we all agree buying a Jeep is a necessity! 🤣

I would just avoid these dealerships personally, especially with all the ones listed in the preffered dealerships thread.

https://www.patriotsoftware.com/blog/accounting/price-gouging-laws-by-state/

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
My local CDJR has had ZERO new JLs or JTs for over a month now.

The other day they got a used 2020 Gladiator Mojave with almost 40k miles, listed at $55g (manual trans, soft top). Sold within a week :LOL:
I think mine is going on a month to they have some selling near msrp when it was new.
Sponsored