Sponsored

Yes this happened in NY today

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Who makes those fenders?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Certainly not forgetting that, though I think you may have missed my point. Let me put it another way: The JL, as it sits with all of the limitations and trade offs, regs, etc you refer to is still out of the box ridiculously capable. Opt for an LSD or Rubicon trim level and you're capability is even more. The vast, overpowering majority of people owning these vehicles - and modding them - will never use their vehicle for anything it couldn't have done 10 minutes after driving off the sales lot. There is literally no practical reason to mod a JL wrangler for the vast majority of owners applications. Those guys you see with lifts on 40s doing hard rated trails? They're a tiny subset of the actual population. Why then, do we see tons of modded Jeeps? The same reason this person modded theirs - because it is fun.

I know what you might be thinking - yea but the EPA throttles these vehicles and tunes get rid of that and boost performance etc etc, lifts helps with angles and clearance. That's just not my point, my point is simply the amount of drivers who will reach the usage where their JL is holding them back is far, far smaller than the amount of people modding them. It's not a knock on modding Jeeps - I've spent the better part of my 20s and 30s doing just that...but if I'm really honest, most of it wasn't necessary. This reason alone should be enough for us to take even the most garish of jeep looks with a grain of salt and a smile.
I don’t disagree but by your logic a Wrangler (and SUVs in general) aren’t even necessary, just like a high end sports car. There are mods for fun then there is absurd. Folks driving around the city in ridiculously lifted jeeps with massive tires and other off road gear are just as ridiculous as the guy in this picture but at least their mods are in line with the Jeep’s intended purpose as opposed to actually reducing the capability for which it was intended (like massive wheels with low profile tires).

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I find this post so disappointing. Who are you, me or anyone to say what a person is 'supposed to' or not 'supposed to' do with their car? This car looks in immaculate condition. The owner has probably put a lot of time and effort into it and is probably very proud of it. Probably has a group of like minded car enthusiasts who he hangs out with and is part of a positive social circle. Is it my cup of tea? No, but for me to pass judgement on if it's appropriate or not is BS. I will proudly wave at him just as I would any Jeep owner. Grow up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I find this post so disappointing. Who are you, me or anyone to say what a person is 'supposed to' or not 'supposed to' do with their car? This car looks in immaculate condition. The owner has probably put a lot of time and effort into it and is probably very proud of it. Probably has a group of like minded car enthusiasts who he hangs out with and is part of a positive social circle. Is it my cup of tea? No, but for me to pass judgement on if it's appropriate or not is BS. I will proudly wave at him just as I would any Jeep owner. Grow up.
I think we found the owner!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I’m betting that the owner of the vehicle in the Original Post totally loves the look of his/her Jeep. Who am I to quibble with that?

his Jeep, his way. My jeep, my way. Makes life a whole lot simpler that way.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Actually, does not look all that bad to me.. and I'm 72. The hood is slick.. And for sure the guy/gal takes pride in the vehicle and it appears to be cared for/well kept...

Could be worse... . Could be say a JLU, Sahara with frugly, throw back white rims, tires with white lettering and with, red, white and blue Jeep logo for the center cap...
How dare you, I love the white OWL lettering!

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
To each their own. Why rip somebody down? Not my style, not my problem.
When you’re insecure you get threatened by things that are not the norm like scary angry grilles. Can never tell if the driver is actually angry as well 😂
Sponsored