Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing suprises me anymore in this world...years ago...one guy from the local club had his wrangler built with a hydraulic show suspension with those whitewall and chrome wire spoked wheels...so in comparison, this above aint' bad...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Ya I've seen those, and its normal, anywhere where is too much money where they don't know what to do with it, these will happen, its not only jeep, it happens for all cars they drive, thats just a very specific clientele who just takes something and makes it out to something unique to stand out at the same time because for them its also marketing. For all we know they may have had the jeep given to them because FCA wants them to drive them as a marketing thing and type of sponsorship and because they don't necessarily like them right out of the box for their own use, they may find its better when they modify them for street use since that's where they use them.

Not my taste, but I don't judge on taste because to each his own, I judge on attitude of the driver...;)...this blue one may be the nicest guy around, we don't even know him.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Pre-Covid I'm in LIC 2 weeks a month.

Little less this past year but was there a few weeks ago. I find it interesting in NY.

Up in Saratoga Springs - there are tonnes of Wranglers, mostly Rubicons and most have mods for off-roading and winter survival.

In Queens, everyone seems to have either a bone stock Sport, or something for getting out of the city and adventure camping (lift, roof racks etc). I actually spend some days walking around just taking photos of Wranglers cuz some guys have some really great ones and always looking for ideas...

It's just different to where I live, I know of 1 Sport here - everything else is mostly Sahara (like me) and then Rubicon.

Fun of travelling :)

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In my own neighborhood too. Is it ok to be ashamed of your home from time to time? Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t see it at night with the tacky blue
LED lights Iā€™m sure it has underneath and in the wheels turned on. Iā€™m also glad the booming speakers were quiet. Oh, and the vanity plate which I blacked out was equally tasteless.

D312C8D4-1EE9-4CDC-B480-56B3930A9EF9.jpeg
:facepalm:......

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Coming from the corvette world I have seen the same kind of funky mods that would drive the traditionalist nuts just like this does many jeep traditionalists. My thinking is this is someone who has a passion for it although some would call misdirected and is a jeep that's weirdly loved/taken care of. This is someone I would want to park myself next to just to hear their story. Nothing more interesting than listening to someone with such a huge difference of jeep thinking. The build isn't my thing but neither are many of the traditional builds/mods. I can't knock what I don't understand.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ouch a dig on a Sahara.:muscle:
Nah not a dig at the Sahara.... just a dig at those JLU, Sahara's with frugly, throw back white rims, tires with white lettering and with, red, white and blue Jeep logo for the center cap...