Sponsored

Yes $1,000 Dollars Cash If You Can Fix My Jeep Steering Problem .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It's not fixed but it is totally better WTF....... guess what took the dead spot out the (Tazer JL Mini) ....yeah one more WTF..... simply turn off the Electronic Steering . I let it stay like that for about 3 days the dead spot was gone but the steering was still loose but a lot better let's say Drivable on the interstate .So today I turned the PS back on and its even tighter still not fixed like it should be, I only say that because my son has a 19 Rubicon with no steering issues so I can compare the two . But man at the difference all these parts and the problem was in the programming .I can only figure that when I turned it off that it some how reset itself when I turned it back on . I hope and Pray that it stays like this I can now enjoy by Jeep .
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
It's not fixed but it is totally better WTF....... guess what took the dead spot out the (Tazer JL Mini) ....yeah one more WTF..... simply turn off the Electronic Steering . I let it stay like that for about 3 days the dead spot was gone but the steering was still loose but a lot better let's say Drivable on the interstate .So today I turned the PS back on and its even tighter still not fixed like it should be, I only say that because my son has a 19 Rubicon with no steering issues so I can compare the two . But man at the difference all these parts and the problem was in the programming .I can only figure that when I turned it off that it some how reset itself when I turned it back on . I hope and Pray that it stays like this I can now enjoy by Jeep .
Power steering ecu problems like i said...

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

As I mentioned to you regarding this method when I told you about it via PM using the tazer this way must be done with an upfront warning and the reason I didn’t want to publicly post it. If on the highway and using this feature the steering pump is giving 100% effort. Which equates to very sensitive and effortless steering; making it very easy to accidentally jerk the wheel and have some very nasty outcomes.

So now that this has been made public hopefully people will use it carefully and with the knowledge that it dramatically changes vehicle dynamics especially in lifted vehicles. Use at your own risk.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
As I mentioned to you regarding this method via PM using the tazer this way must be done with an upfront warning and the reason I didn’t want to publicly post it. If on the highway and using this feature the steering pump is giving 100% effort. Which equates to very sensitive and effortless steering; making it very easy to accidentally jerk the wheel and have some very nasty outcomes.

So now that this has been made public hopefully people will use it carefully and with the knowledge that it dramatically changes vehicle dynamics especially in lifted vehicles. Use at your own risk.
Again, clearly problems with torque sensor and angle sensor and or 8bit controllers feeding the steering ECU that is under steering the jeeps.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Again, clearly problems with torque sensor and angle sensor and or 8bit controllers feeding the steering ECU that is under steering the jeeps.
I 100% agree, I just didn’t want people turning this off and then having a nasty event happen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case it made the steering loose but the over steering was gone it was still drivable it actually made it better to drive . I do believe mine was really bad though Multiple service managers drove my Jeep and said that its the worst that they had seen .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now that I have turned my PS off waited a few days and now turned it back on will the problem come back or will it come back only if i have the steering box replaced again later when they hopefully come out with another one ? Also did I actually Flash my electronic steering when I turned it off and back on with the Reboot from the Tazer ?

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So now that I have turned my PS off waited a few days and now turned it back on will the problem come back or will it come back only if i have the steering box replaced again later when they hopefully come out with another one ? Also did I actually Flash my electronic steering when I turned it off and back on with the Reboot from the Tazer ?
When you turned it off the default was entered which is full on. You’re not writing anything or modifying anything in a forever way. It is either on or off, the loose feeling you encountered was the fact it was just incredibly easy to steer.

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Btw you need to post a pic of this jeep i have a feeling you built a pretty serious mall ninja rig.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Ok.....

Don’t drive it.

There, steering is fixed.

wire my $1,000 please.

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
I Will give one person $ 1,000 Dollars Cash (Yes this is not a joke). if they can fix my Jeep Steering check out my other post for info Let me Know if you can fix it .
Complete replace of steering by Bleepinjeep. He is very good technically and thurough

Watch "How to Add Hydro Assist to a Jeep Wrangler JLU" on YouTube

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
When you turned it off the default was entered which is full on. You’re not writing anything or modifying anything in a forever way. It is either on or off, the loose feeling you encountered was the fact it was just incredibly easy to steer.
Is there a thread somewhere that details the exact procedure for doing this?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Anyone notice if you pull up the off road app the dead spot is pretty much right on with the steering angle displayed? It shows 0* right until the wheel takes up the dead spot and then it jumps to 1*. Makes me think the issue may be more with the steering angle sensors than the rest of the system

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine on a bumpy road will remind you how much play is in the wheel like I said mine has gotten better but the dead spot is very noticeable on any bumps when you are on a smooth road it hides again .
Sponsored