Sponsored

Yes $1,000 Dollars Cash If You Can Fix My Jeep Steering Problem .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry I have been working a lot last week and I will pick up the Jeep Thursday I will let you know
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Yeah none of the dealerships want to help I have tried multiple times to deal with them . They all agree that it's bad but no solution . Now FCA is denying my buy back but still don't have a solution other than (YES Jeep is aware of the problem , but at this time we have no solution. ) They all agree that it is the steering box .
Your solution is a lemon law attorney, it does not cost you any!

brettdavis

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392
Occupation
FAA inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) , Synergy tie rod /sector shaft bracket and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .

brettdavis

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392
Occupation
FAA inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Ok mine has a 2.0 Mopar lift with 35” nitto mud grapplers. It likes to wonder around lines. Also installed fox APS adjustable steering stabilizer it fixed the problem a little bit, but I’m thinking it’s a Tire issues. Never had a problem before I changed to nitto from BFG km2 33’s. I will never ever by theses overpriced nittos again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dealer said the same thing so he took my tires and rims off and installed stock rims and tires he came back and said it still has a major problem but we don’t know what it is . Sorry we will put in a Star Case .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can deal with the wondering due to the wide tires and rims , but the dead spot that makes you over correct constantly is horrible .

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I can deal with the wondering due to the wide tires and rims , but the dead spot that makes you over correct constantly is horrible .
This is the biggest issue I have. The dead spot. If gone, would make such a big difference.
A secondary issue I have is the steering "assist" kicking in mid-turn and causing me to over steer. It is not something I experience on the freeway, but I do on faster country roads with lots of twists & turns -- where I spend most of my time.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Ok mine has a 2.0 Mopar lift with 35” nitto mud grapplers. It likes to wonder around lines. Also installed fox APS adjustable steering stabilizer it fixed the problem a little bit, but I’m thinking it’s a Tire issues. Never had a problem before I changed to nitto from BFG km2 33’s. I will never ever by theses overpriced nittos again.
Can anyone confirm if turning traction control off also turns off steering assist? At a stop and turning my wheel with traction off it feels stiffer, as if unassisted, but as soon as putting traction back on it seems easier to turn the wheel, as if it is assisted.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
If this was the case, how do you explain all of the Jeeps which steer properly? The steering box sector shaft preload adjustment is free and easy. I have a friend with a JL who did his last week and reports 100% improvement. It's worth a shot, you just don't want to overdo it or it may not return to center properly.
i explain like this... the design sits on a knife edge. on one side, no issues, on the other, issues with varying degrees of difficulty in fixes. in some cases, nothing works, in others, tighten that screw 1/8 turn. that knife edge is the design flaw. as an analogy, its like that bridge that was built and just happened to to oscillate in high winds to the point it collapsed. everything works fine until something(s) is a bit off, then its compromised. its an unanticipated consequence of the sum of the parts in the design.

its like this, say the design was different, and therefore the jeep was resilient to things like tire air pressure, weak steering stabilizer, hot or cold weather, lifts, etc. thats the design you want. such that the sum of the parts can be a bit off and it still drives fine.

Sponsored

Jzapatajr

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) , Synergy tie rod /sector shaft bracket and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .
Did they do the software update (flash) along with the steering box replacement? Both need to be done to be effective.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
You went through 3 steering boxes yea ok but its only a box. Your guys failed to inspect the electric steering ecu network for bugs. Sounds to me like your inputs my be compromised. Steering angle sensor, and or torque sensor could be bad on It. Could be the micro processor for one of the aforementioned.... have them pull the column and check all those inputs. Bad clock springs jack things up. Electric steering has its merits, but in a case like this. A Bad chip can fuck yr whole driving experience. Im shocked to hear your dealership is So inept. If you were on east coast id say bring it to my place...

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they are telling me that yes the flash is being done with the steering box install but they also say that the flash is up todate

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to take a picture of this sorry but I have no fngg clue what that is (clock springs) you lost me

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I'm going to take a picture of this sorry but I have no fngg clue what that is (clock springs) you lost me
The clock spring is the least of your worry. The input sensors to the steering ecu is whats important. But as I said in the other thread, your wheel and tire combo you chose are likely a huge part in this problem.
Sponsored