Sponsored

Yes $1,000 Dollars Cash If You Can Fix My Jeep Steering Problem .

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this the other day, but it looks like you already tried it. Did you notice any difference at all? Personally, i run 37s with 2" lift on beads. I've changed the track bar, tie rod and steering stabilizer. The combination of all the parts seems to help the problem as my steering is a lot tighter, but it's just treating the symptoms and not the underlying problem. I can't believe there's not a recall yet.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Have you adjusted the steering box?
He said they replaced the steering box 3 times. The probability that 4 revised version steering boxes have the extreme looseness from backlash adjustment is astronomically low.

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
I have steering issues too. I came across this video that seems to be helpful. To make a long video short, he says the fix is 3-fold... 1) steering damper 2) updated track bar, and 3) steering box.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I have steering issues too. I came across this video that seems to be helpful. To make a long video short, he says the fix is 3-fold... 1) steering damper 2) updated track bar, and 3) steering box.

I can't watch a video with a guy that has a phillips screw in his ear

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Post your alignment sheet, have the alignment shop set the toe in a 1/4 and you should feel an improvement. It will still be within spec.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
After watching the video for the Synergy Front track Bar and found this information of importance.

Synergy MFG's Jeep JL/JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace is designed to better distribute the increased load the frame side track bar bracket encounters on a lifted Jeep and supports the steering box sector shaft from excessive deflection. A track bar bracket or steering box failure is a quick way to end your day. A lift and large tires can easily push these components past their capacity. Reinforce your front frame side track bar bracket and sector shaft with Synergy's Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace.

Benefits:

• Prevents frame side track bar bracket from failing when lifted and running large tires.
  • Prevents excessive deflection of the steering box sector shaft which can result in excessive steering box wear, play, or breakage.
Features:

• Better distributes the increased load on the factory track bar bracket
  • Added thickness at the track bar bolt prevents the track bar bolt from ovalizing out the stock mount.
  • Bolt-on fix for those who already have an ovalized track bar bracket bolt hole.
  • Zerk fitting for easy greasing.
  • Track bar brace laser cut and CNC formed from 3/16 inch high strength steel.
  • Sector shaft brace CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum with a press-fit oilite bronze bushing.
  • Suspension components feature an abrasion-resistant powder coat finish for maximum durability and corrosion resistance.
  • 100 percent bolt on components assures an easy, trouble free installation with the use of basic hand tools.
Notes:

• This is not a replacement track bar bracket. This is a brace to reinforce the stock frame-side front track bar bracket.
  • If your stock track bar bracket is damaged, complete required repairs before installing this product.
  • No bump stop spacing is required when used in conjunction with the 8875-01 Synergy MFG Front Track Bar.
  • If using the stock front track bar, a minimum 2” of bump stop spacing is required.
  • If using an aftermarket front track bar, the front springs should be removed and the suspension cycled to full bump to determine the bump stop spacing required to prevent the track bar from contacting the sector shaft nut, or any other interference.

My friend's new 2020 JLUR purchased a few weeks ago has the excessive play in steering, wandering, etc.
So we ordered Synergy Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace only.
Installed per instructions, went for a drive and already could tell a difference in steering feel.
Unplugged the battery with the FOB no where near the Jeep,(hopefully to reset the damn electric steering assist O reference point) after a few adjustments to the steering wheel so it was dead center at 70MPH with no excessive play.

Jeep had already the V41 recall and OEM track bar completed.
Drives like it should now from the factory.

Next installed MOPAR 2in lift with FOX shocks.
Only a small adjustment to center the steering wheel again and drove perfect.
Next and final was to remove OEM wheels and tires to 35 on 17 in rims aftermarket.
I could tell a difference with the new rims and tires that they are heavy but the steering input stayed the same. Perfect.

My take on this bracket is what Jeep should have designed or implemented in the first place and you should start with OEM and this bracket until you get it dialed in, then apply small changes, test, then go happy Jeep happy owner.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

Not necessarily.

I put Mopar LCAs on to get the caster to 6* (a big help), Steersmarts track bar, Falcon 2.2 stabilizer, and PSC kit (after an OEM steering box replacement didn’t work).

My Jeep still wanders and requires constant correction. It’s being bought back because of this (I won my arbitration case).

The thing with steering problems is that people have success with different approaches. The things I did have worked very well for some. My Jeep? Nope.

I hope you’re able to get yours resolved.

Sponsored

WranglerAdvs

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Synergy HD Steering kit and the Track Bar / Sector Shaft brace. It improved my steering significantly in many ways. I run a 3.5" Metalcloak GC and 37" KM3s on KMC Machetes. I believe the main issue for most of us is the steering box, people have adjusted them and said it was a fix. I don't want to mess with that. Im happy the way my JLUR drives now after all the Synergy parts.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah the Jeep dealership did adjust the previous steering box by turning it a quarter turn but it did help but only lasted about 2 hours I can see if they can adjust the new one .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
The second dealership that I took it to beloved that it was the tires so they took the tires off and put on stock tires and he said that it still did it .

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Process of elimination. If you replace everything in the front end, exorcism.