Sponsored

Yes $1,000 Dollars Cash If You Can Fix My Jeep Steering Problem .

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I Will give one person $ 1,000 Dollars Cash (Yes this is not a joke). if they can fix my Jeep Steering check out my other post for info Let me Know if you can fix it .
Sponsored

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like all that is left to try is a steersmarts tie rod and a different steering stabilizer. Recommend you relocate it and use a fox through shaft type.

Hope you figure it out. Not sure how they would do a buyback with the lift and all the mods you’ve done.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I read your post that indicated you have lifted it and have aftermarket control arms and a SteerSmarts track bar, as well as have the latest steering box replacement from FCA.

One additonal component that FCA has upgraded is the intermediate shaft in the steering column. You might buy one online for about $80-90 and change yours out.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah none of the dealerships want to help I have tried multiple times to deal with them . They all agree that it's bad but no solution . Now FCA is denying my buy back but still don't have a solution other than (YES Jeep is aware of the problem , but at this time we have no solution. ) They all agree that it is the steering box .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) , Synergy tie rod /sector shaft bracket and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .

Last edited:

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .
What is your caster?

With a lift and 37s, you could put the PSC kit on and remove the play.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I don't understand the mixing of manufacture parts. I'm not knockin' ya, I just don't have enough knowledge to know if it is an issue or not. I can say with some certainty though that not one of the 3 manufactures listed has tested the combination of components that you have.

I would do the tie rod as already suggested. Low hanging fruit

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Another thing to try is reinforcing the sector shaft. I just pulled the trigger on the Synergy trackbar bracket and sector shaft brace. I don't have any steering issues, but after seeing videos how much those parts actually move around just by turning the wheel (especially the steering box), it probably wouldn't hurt to better secure it, especially now that I'm running 37s.

I've got a little bit of a dead zone in the center of my steering wheel, but that isn't a surprise given the meats I'm running, so I don't expect any major improvements. However, it seems like many people who do have such issues notice remarkable improvements in tightness and stability with it installed.

You've got tons of nice aftermarket hardware on there, but all of your input is still being fed through the OEM steering box and if it's got a ton of play before it even hits your draglink, that could explain your issues.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I have added the synergy tie rod /sector shaft brace too i didn't add it in the list

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its going tomorrow to the Alignment shop again every time that they change the steering box it throws it off .I will let you know when I get the chart , It has the 4 cylinder motor PSC doesn't have a kit for it .

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) , Synergy tie rod /sector shaft bracket and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .
These Jeep's are the craziest things. I read all the problems and various things everyone swears by that fixes said issues.
From all I read, there isn't one straight fix. That is of course if you have a problem to start with! Some don't.
Me, on 3 occasions I experienced the wobble in stock form. I replaced dampener with a simple rancho dampener. One wobble.
Then, MetalCloak 3.5 game changer with the adjustable control arms and 6 pak shocks and alignment at 6400 miles. I now have nearly 38,000 miles on it with 35" tires off and off many hardr miles. Rotate tires every 5000, alignment every other rotation. I also have had the Mopar replacement dampener in place since the 12,000 mile mark. Not one wobble since the 6400 mile mark.
It's all very strange...

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing is mine has 2,400 miles since I bought it in Late November 2019 I hate driving it like it is so it sits most of the time . I had a 2015 Jeep JK years ago and did a similar lift and loved it ,but this new steering that Jeep has added on the JL is crap.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Chris,
Sounds like you've done all the right things. One other member here did similar changes to attempt to fix the loose steering.

On the intermediate shaft issue, I don't know how exactly to check for looseness other than somehow securing the steering box end and seeing how much play you have at the steering wheel. I just don't know how to do that easily. Maybe your front end shop can devise a way to do that and to also check your steering box for looseness.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Have you adjusted the steering box?
Sponsored