Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
I have the Sky-one touch and love this option, and haven't had any problems with it.
Yes, we have the sky one touch in our black JLUW. We haven't had it long enough to really experience it but so far, so good. Only downside that I didn't know before getting this Jeep was with that roof, you're unable to fold the windshield down. You can't take it off either and replace with a soft top for instance.
Sponsored

Bree

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Yes, we have the sky one touch in our black JLUW. We haven't had it long enough to really experience it but so far, so good. Only downside that I didn't know before getting this Jeep was with that roof, you're unable to fold the windshield down. You can't take it off either and replace with a soft top for instance.
Actually I didn't know that either!

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
Actually I didn't know that either!
I should clarify. Technically, you can do everything I just said you couldn't. However, if you do, the seals (especially by the windshield) will get damaged and the roof will no longer be watertight. Don't get me wrong, it's a great roof. My wife and kids love it. But there are days when I'd want to remove the entire thing or lower the windshield and can't. My next Wrangler will be acquired with a regular hard/soft top combo I think.

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
My 2020 White Sahara also has yellowing on the white fenders. What should be the next steps I take? Call Jeep cares or go to dealer first to show them?

Bree

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
My 2020 White Sahara also has yellowing on the white fenders. What should be the next steps I take? Call Jeep cares or go to dealer first to show them?
is the driver side fender? if it is look at the headlight on that side, you might also have it there. I called jeep cares first. They said they had no other reports of this, I am taking mine into the dealership after the Holidays. When you call jeep cares they document the issue

Sponsored

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Is this a problem on all white jeeps?

This thread kinda died.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Yes. There is another huge thread about it somewhere. Happened to my 2020 last summer after 200 miles only. It’s fixed and has been fine. I have 13000 miles on now alimony a year later.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My 2018 had yellowing on left front fender flare. Repainted under warranty (over two years ago I think) and no issues since. Some yellowing on the grill but it’s along the edge under the hood. I forgot about it until now.

By the way, not just white JLs. Others colors have it too, just much more noticeable on white. I recall reading that some Sting Gray owners reported same issue.

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just bought first jeep. Bought a 2021 a month ago (still in 2020). Just made my first payment and my paint is turning yellow already! Also my door locks don’t lock all the way and I had to turn off the auto lock feature which isn’t ideal from a safety standpoint. Def not a very good first impression.

So sad to learn that Jeep has known about this paint/heat issue since 2018 and it is still not resolved. It reflects so poorly on the company to not have the problem resolved 3 years after learning about it. Steer clear of white for sure and possibly consider an entirely different purchase all together!
4177BA04-367B-4E64-92F7-889AC9DC0B81.jpeg
BEBB903B-5315-4210-A332-63AE8979DBA0.jpeg
F8A81951-95E4-43F2-9952-A672B505FF86.jpeg
F0243B5B-CF74-4932-9F12-234CC36046C1.jpeg
I have almost the exact condition on my 6 week old Rubicon. Just talked to the dealership. They are putting me in touch with the factory rep Monday.

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is my brand new (6 weeks since delivery), $73,000 white Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a $1280 Zurich coating on it turning yellow? The discoloration is occurring primarily at the inside top of the driver's side fender and at the top driver's side corner of the front grill. The plastic panels at the bottom of the A-Pillars may be affected as well.

My Jeep is garage kept and rarely is parked outside.

Just got a reply from the general manager at my dealership. They're putting me in touch with the factory rep on Monday 6/7/2021.

Jeep Wrangler JL Yellowing Paint 2021 wrangler unlimited 2021 Rubicon Paint Issue

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bfritts45

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Having the same issue with a 2021 with 1k miles on fender and grill

A742AED8-C134-405D-9BC3-63F9A3E3C6EC.jpeg

E601E177-7785-48AA-9091-50092646E008.jpeg

Fireballs

First Name
Upset
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara , 2020 Range Rover, 2006 Ford Mustan
Occupation
Almost ready to retire
11/21. I have a 2021 Sahara, with the same problem only 4888 miles. Still smells new. I purchased it on 6/21. Inform the dealer who took pictures and they them to get approval. They claim they had never heard of this (i don't belive them)The dealer had my fenders and hood repainted.

It look good for now. Kinda disappointed on the workmanship But, I have a question. I hope you can help me.

The service dept had questioned the plastic film that was applied to jeep paint job, I thought it was it was a factory thing. My jeep has a plastic film applied to the paint its noticeable not in a bad way.. at the painted edges like around the hood, fender and around the doors. The dealer thought I had it done. Is it to protect the paint to
help prevent scratches to the paint.

What is it ? No where on my paper work does it mention this. This film didnt help from yellowing. Should I ask the dealer to have it put back on? And would they? What is your thoughts

By the way.. I don't care too much of the dealer service . But too late turn back It took this deal 7 days to paint two fenders and hood plus reassemble... kinda long time. .

Last edited:

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Mine had it on the grille from the day I got it (I think I noticed it a week or two into owning it). I have black fender flares so nothing there. It hasn't gotten any worse and for now I don't really notice it unless I look and nobody else has said anything. I think it's just crappy prep/paint work vs yellowing over time, but that's my observation.

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any more updates from people who had this happen and got it fixed recently? I got my '21 white Rubicon in August and noticed it within a couple weeks. Fender and grill issue. My dealer won't even return my phone calls after I took it in and they took pics.
Sponsored