Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Quick thing to check. Pop the hood, open the fuse box and check that all your fuses and relays are fully seated.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm going to assume if I'm over 36,000 miles mine wouldn't be fixed for free. I am assuming my aux battery is going bad as my Jeep won't start first click, but will on second push of the start button and shows good voltage on the dash. Half the time the ESS error comes up, and half not. Also the red alarm light on the left sometimes stays on solid red.
Hi WalkingJL,
If you would our additional assistance while your work with your dealer on this concern, please send our team a PM with your VIN. We would be happy to help!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Thats what im worried about also, wit all the electronic glitches that ive had with the wrangler, its gonna cost an arm and a leg to fix once my warranty runs out. And I cant fix or even diagnose most of these issues by myself so i would have to take it in.
I'm sorry for the trouble you are having here. If you do choose to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please feel free to reach out to us privately with more details. Our team would be happy to assist you while having these concerns resolved.

Kathryn
JeepCares

TigerDen

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My ESS warning light on new 2020 jlu has been on since my purchase 3 weeks ago. I did not notice it at first with all the excitement of finally buying one after about 15 years of procrastinating. (my first vehicle in the 70's was a CJ7 Renegade)

I started doing some searches and have tried and tested everything suggested on the web so far to no avail.

I beginning to think GtX may have said it best.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
FCA apparently just canā€™t get this design to work properly, has not worked correctly on 2018ā€™s for a lot and apparently 2020ā€™s have the same problems ...... really sad considering other makers like Ford, Chevy etc.. donā€™t seem to have these issues

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
O2 sensor or bad vacuum hose/pump issue in braking system. Once the dealer replaces them they need to flash the whole system to rest things. Battled this issue for months.
Mine had the ESS issue last year, dealership replaced the auxiliary battery but the problem returned in December. This time it was in the dealership for 3 weeks before they identified the vacuum pump to be the cause. No problems since that was replaced.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Mine had the ESS issue last year, dealership replaced the auxiliary battery but the problem returned in December. This time it was in the dealership for 3 weeks before they identified the vacuum pump to be the cause. No problems since that was replaced.
Same here.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My ESS warning light on new 2020 jlu has been on since my purchase 3 weeks ago. I did not notice it at first with all the excitement of finally buying one after about 15 years of procrastinating. (my first vehicle in the 70's was a CJ7 Renegade)

I started doing some searches and have tried and tested everything suggested on the web so far to no avail.

I beginning to think GtX may have said it best.
@TigerDen,
Thanks for informing us here about your concern. If you choose to bring this to the attention of your dealer, feel free to send us a PM for additional support during your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored