Yellow engine light came on...and off?!

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have 19 JLU 3.6 manual (not sure if that is relevant). ESS quit working. I hate that feature but i had them take a look b/c it is still under warranty. Quick fix...think they replaced my battery? 2 or 3 days later, yellow engine light came on. Drove perfectly, no funny sounds or smells, fluids normal...still took it in b/c warranty. Dealer plugged a thing in under the dash...said it was something about rear emissions, no emergency. Scheduled an appointment to drop it off, but never did. After a day or two, the light went off. Still drives fine. Should I take it in even though nothing is wrong and no dash lights are on? Buddy of mine said it might have been the gas cap or bad gas or something. Is that possible? I’ll hang up and listen...
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I would still go. If something went wrong with your engine they’d be quick to throw in your face that you never returned for your repair. Warranty/insurance companies look for any reason to not pay out.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Take it back in. They'll rescan with the odbii reader and confirm if there are still any active codes.

If there are no active codes then they may give you the all clear, BUT you'll have it documented... to reiterate the point @sf5211 made.
Sponsored