OP
AMG

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Update:

I tried to install the Lamin-x today. Per the instructions, "the Lamin-x is very forgiving; you can remove and re-install numerous times until finished." Well, the first time I tried to remove the Lamin-x as it was off-center by about a millimeter, an application tab ripped off, ruining the cover. As they only gave me two covers, and one of them ended up damaged following their instructions, I'm out $16 and still don't have yellow fog lights.

Obviously others have had success with this product, but I won't be buying Lamin-x products again.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Update:

I tried to install the Lamin-x today. Per the instructions, "the Lamin-x is very forgiving; you can remove and re-install numerous times until finished." Well, the first time I tried to remove the Lamin-x as it was off-center by about a millimeter, an application tab ripped off, ruining the cover. As they only gave me two covers, and one of them ended up damaged following their instructions, I'm out $16 and still don't have yellow fog lights.

Obviously others have had success with this product, but I won't be buying Lamin-x products again.
I bought a 12x48 sheet of vinyl off Amazon for $7 shipped, look on there if you want to try again. I'm sure there are cheaper options on eBay and Amazon too.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Any issue installing given the curvature of the OEM lense? Any bumps created? Wet or dry install?

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Any issue installing given the curvature of the OEM lense? Any bumps created? Wet or dry install?
Two slight puckers, a little heat on the low setting took it out quickly. I may have been able to do it without, but the heat gun was already out.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two slight puckers, a little heat on the low setting took it out quickly. I may have been able to do it without, but the heat gun was already out.
Thanks for the heads up. May attempt install tomorrow.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you remove the fog light to install?

Edit: NVM, quick remove and replace. 20 minutes tops. They went on fine. Seems like they don't go on perfectly smooth, tiny tiny bubbles behind the film. Maybe a wet install would have been better. I'll run them for a bit and see how I like them. Plenty rainy here in the Boston area.....omg.

Last edited:

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did not remove mine. took all of 2 minutes. had to reset one edge on each... no biggie. no bubbles

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Exactly what I did on mine, works fantastic. My fogs were useless in a snow storm due to reflections from the stock led white lights now the yellows cut right through it.. Works
Jeep Wrangler JL Yellow/amber offroad/fog LED lights? 20190508_220720
well for night wheelin as well.
Does the light color come out greenish?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
You can always install 3k LED bulbs if you want the yellow fogs. I did that with my WK2 when I replaced the halogen bulbs w/ LEDs.

IMG_0710.jpg
Sponsored