Sponsored

Year and Mileage of Your Jeep

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I hope everyone has had a great Holiday Season so far. I might get slapped around like a cheap whore for posting this thread, but I got my inspiration from the "1st Time Buyer 2.0or 3.6?..." thread.

There was a discussion about engines lasting 75k miles. At any rate, I was curious to know the following:

What year is your Jeep?
How many miles are on it?
What engine?
What was the first major mechanical problem and at what mileage approximately?

I will come back later and put the data together when I get a sufficient amount of responses.

Have a Good New Year!
Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Lol, I’ll take a stab at this:

2018 JLU Sport S
Purchased 4/28/2018
9005 miles
3.6L
Had an alternator go out around 7000 miles. Warranty covered the tow, alternator swap, and loaner vehicle.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
What year is your Jeep? 2019
How many miles are on it? 1139
What engine? 3.6
What was the first major mechanical problem and at what mileage approximately? None

Jujubee

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL x2; Jeep CJ8 Scrambler; Jeep GC
I hope everyone has had a great Holiday Season so far. I might get slapped around like a cheap whore for posting this thread, but I got my inspiration from the "1st Time Buyer 2.0or 3.6?..." thread.

There was a discussion about engines lasting 75k miles. At any rate, I was curious to know the following:

What year is your Jeep?
What engine?

I will come back later and put the data together when I get a sufficient amount of responses.

Have a Good New Year!
2018 JLU Sahara, automatic
Purchased Oct '18 new (51 miles)
Current miles: 6500
Problems: none other than I can't seem to get enough drive time..yep 6500 miles in NOT enough for this jeep girl. :)

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
2018 JLU Rubicon
Purchased: January 2018
Current Miles: 21,000
Problems: ZERO

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
2018 JLU RUBICON
June 2
Miles 10K MILES WITH SMILES
Issues ZERO

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

What year is your Jeep?
What engine?

Have a Good New Year!
I'm not sure what quality of data you're going to get.

All JL's are going to be 2018s, with a smattering of 2019s now trickling in.

Very few JLs will have an appreciable number of miles on them yet, so data on long-term drivetrain reliability and common mechanical problems is simply not available. You may be able to infer some trends from past JKs with the 3.6L, but that says nothing for the 2.0L and it's questionable with the 3.6 as it's mated to a different tranny and has ESS as a wildcard.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Sahara JLU 3.6 A/T
Purchased 4-28-18
Had a few recalls and replaced main battery under warranty

Last edited:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I agree with @Neanderthalman , right now there isn't nearly enough data to compile useful data. Even high mileage JLs may only have 30k miles. Right now most of the data you are going to get is relatively isolated repairs. As with any forum, most people with no issues will not post, while most with problems will post and (rightfully) complain. My 2019 has 1k miles on it, it shouldn't have any problems at this point, it isn't useful data. In 4-5 years when JLs have 100k miles, is when there will be a decent track record, unless either of the engines start widespread failing much earlier. Also, someone would have to track multiple posts, someone could post at 6k miles, 12k miles, 25k miles, etc.

OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I'm not sure what quality of data you're going to get.

All JL's are going to be 2018s, with a smattering of 2019s now trickling in.

Very few JLs will have an appreciable number of miles on them yet, so data on long-term drivetrain reliability and common mechanical problems is simply not available. You may be able to infer some trends from past JKs with the 3.6L, but that says nothing for the 2.0L and it's questionable with the 3.6 as it's mated to a different tranny and has ESS as a wildcard.
I'm actually looking for info specifically on the 3.6 since it has been out for a while. Also, it be would nice to what issues are arising with the 2.0T. I agree with you about the ESS.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Steve R.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I'm actually looking for info specifically on the 3.6 since it has been out for a while. Also, it be would nice to what issues are arising with the 2.0T. I agree with you about the ESS.

Steve R.
Even the 3.6 may have some minor changes from 2017. I don't know specifically what changed, but there are multiple posts about people getting 6 quarts of oil during oil changes, which JKs needed, and JLs should only get 5 quarts. Granted the core of the engine should be the same.

OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am aware about the newness of the JL, but the 3.6 has been out before the JLs. Also, I expect that we have road warriors out there who have put some mileage on their Jeeps and I bet there are current and former JK owners out there and I would like to know their experiences.

Steve R.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
JLU Sahara
2/18/18
3.6/auto
Both electrical tabs off rar window defroster. 2 dealer fixes failed, one personal conductive epoxy fix OK for two weeks.
11K miles

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored