Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Mine’s my daily driver and I love it on road as much as off. Driven it several times from AZ to TX. To CO. To UT. Any chance I get. Probably why it’s almost 2 yrs old now with 76,000 miles on it. After a long day it makes it so much better walking out from work seeing my jeep sitting there waiting for me, climbing in and driving away.

EEE20649-BA30-4280-A1DA-B40070D1C23D.jpeg
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I would rather drive my JL than any other truck I ever owned. Deff the most fun truck I ever owned.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
While I love the JL capabilities off road I have to admit I also quite love driving it on road. Plenty of times I have simply just popped the freedom tops and went to find a nice route and enjoyed the fresh air and the journey on road.

That said I live in New Jersey and I am at least 1-2 hours from anywhere that I could even go offroad. I still want to find some fun trails eventually but really have no desire to smash up my Jeep on rocks. Some light trails/snow/mud/sand I'm down for all that stuff.

I did post in the north New Jersey section hoping I may find some like-minded folks that may enjoy a meet up/ride and find some cool roads but came up empty. So again just curious am I nuts or are there others that also enjoy driving their Jeep on road as well?
I love driving my JL on-road, especially with the manual transmission. It makes twisty country roads fun. I also love long highway trips in it. It is my hands-down favorite vehicle to drive anywhere.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
While I love the JL capabilities off road I have to admit I also quite love driving it on road. Plenty of times I have simply just popped the freedom tops and went to find a nice route and enjoyed the fresh air and the journey on road.

That said I live in New Jersey and I am at least 1-2 hours from anywhere that I could even go offroad. I still want to find some fun trails eventually but really have no desire to smash up my Jeep on rocks. Some light trails/snow/mud/sand I'm down for all that stuff.

I did post in the north New Jersey section hoping I may find some like-minded folks that may enjoy a meet up/ride and find some cool roads but came up empty. So again just curious am I nuts or are there others that also enjoy driving their Jeep on road as well?
I like driving mine on and off road. After my re gearing with 35’s, my 2 door auto will lay down a short strip of rubber on a full throttle take off… it’s awesome!!! Lol. I have a choice in vehicles and I walk right by the high end SUV and hop in my jeep.

Dragon52

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon EcoDiesel
I put 12k miles per year on my 2020 Rubicon diesel. I live in rural WA State but I hunt as far east as the Dakotas and as far south as Nevada. So half or less is in my home area and the rest is on the highway or offroad when i get there.

Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Mine is my daily driver. The short way to work is 4 and half miles. The long way to work is 11 miles. I have had mine for about 3 months and have yet to take the short way to work.

I have been off road 9 times since I bought it, and I love driving this thing on road or off. I have already been to NC, & TN in it and loved every min. of it. Hell I go into the garage and just stand there and look at it. I would rather look at my jeep than watch TV.

Sometimes I can't help think I am a freak, but then I remember that I am. LOL. And the good thing is I am not alone.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is my daily driver. The short way to work is 4 and half miles. The long way to work is 11 miles. I have had mine for about 3 months and have yet to take the short way to work.

I have been off road 9 times since I bought it, and I love driving this thing on road or off. I have already been to NC, & TN in it and loved every min. of it. Hell I go into the garage and just stand there and look at it. I would rather look at my jeep than watch TV.

Sometimes I can't help think I am a freak, but then I remember that I am. LOL. And the good thing is I am not alone.
No worries, man. You are safely among freaks here. 😁

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
All day, every day!
I replaced my JKUR with this JLUR….I was totally in love with my JK & didn’t think it was possible to be happier…but I am. I just smile whenever I’m behind the wheel, short trip, long trip any excuse for a trip. On road, off road…it makes me happy! :rock:

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
I love driving mine on road. A couple of weeks ago we went to KC in my 4Runner, today went back to KC and took the Jeep instead...and I found out that I preferred the trip in my Rubicon over my 4Runner. It's so much peppier, more maneuverable....and gets way better gas mileage.

Not gonna lie. As much as I love my 4Runner. The on road manners of the JL Jeeps have me considering trading it for a JLU in the future.

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
+ The commanding seating position high up is awesome
+ With the low belt-line and large windows all round, visibility all round is second to none
+ Being in a metal box gives you a weird sense of invincibility when driving this thing on-road
+ Really love the way the 2.0 Turbo and the 8 speed work together, sometimes it feels almost sporty
+ The turning radius is insanely small for such a huge vehicle
+ The FCA lane change warning system works really well compared to my honda
+ The Carplay implementation on the UConnect is less buggy than my honda and rarely freeze/crash

- Noisy on highway
- Having owned IFS cars all my life, the steering takes getting used to

All in all, more pluses for me than minuses and I love my JLUR even when driving on-road for road-trips.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Off road, on road, over a toad
driving a Jeep is alway fun
to the mall, to the woods, to the store.
driving a Jeep always begs for more
lots of mods or no mods
driving a Jeep turns the heads of nice ladies with rockin bods.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
mine is my daily driver, so at almost 71K on it, and the 'winter' here in SWFL, it's topless time. So getting longing looks from $500K Lotus owners makes me happy.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Ordered this Hydro Blue JLUR Diesel as an upgrade from our old 2001 TJ, 4.0L, 5-speed. Wow, talk about change. 20 years of technology overnight. (adaptive cruise is awesome)

Daily driver, toad for RV, toy for off road. Have only been off road, on the beach, in South Carolina, for about 8 miles. The rest has all been city/highway miles.

6 months and 8000 miles........Lovin' every minute of it.

The ride is great. I think the extra 300 pound of diesel engine weight tames the front end a bit. Highway handling is wonderful. The back-and-forth wander of the TJ (and that others complain about in the new ones) is a thing of the past. I now drive with my left arm on the door rest and my hand at 9:00 o'clock on the steering wheel. Only issue is it makes it harder to "Jeep Wave" to others, as my hand in no longer at 12:00 o'clock on the steering wheel.

As for handling. I thought the old TJ did a great job on the road. I had a winch on the TJ, and when I took it off to sell, the front end kind-of loosened up. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe it was because I grew up in the '70's, when you had to DRIVE a car. It would take the twisties really well. The new JLURD makes the TJ seam a bit squirrely in retrospect. Really love the feel of it.

Did a 500 mile round trip in it a few months back. Only issue was having to stop for bathroom breaks for the wife. We full time RV and the Jeep gets towed (toad), restroom is available on the go!. We can go almost all day without stopping.

Love my JLURD!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
In a hushed voice, I say... " I enjoy driving my Jeep with the top and doors off, almost as much as driving the Jeep off road."

Cruising around town with the top and doors off and some good music is hard to beat in my eyes. We even at time just go cruise dirt roads for five or six hours. Driving slow and enjoying the weather. Where I live you can drive dirt roads for many miles and only have to be on pavement for a few miles here and there.
Sponsored

Last edited: