Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Love driving my JL-S everywhere so much, mostly open top, that we took it from Colorado to Northern UT through to Southern Ut one trip and even another to the Black Hills SD this past summer. Coming from a vette it isn't the same fun drive on twisty roads or highway on ramps but it scoots when I need it to and comfortable while roomier for the long highway drives.
Jeep Wrangler JL Yea yea off roader BUT who enjoys driving their JL onroad? 100_5125.JPG
Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
We enjoy the JLURD both on and off road. Even with the big 37's and lift it's still a nice ride on road both long trips or just driving. Try the tail of the dragon in a jeep!
I have been wanting to take my JLUR to the Dragon, went several times in the 91 MR2 turbo I used to have (not close to stock, built for AX & Time Trials), that was a blast. Definitely enjoy drivng the Jeep everywhere.

But, I thought if I take the Jeep, then I could take it more places to go fishing!

Have to admit though, I would prefer to go when lots of sports cars or bikes aren't there. Would hate to literally run over one of them. I would be afraid of that more than anything else. :surprised:

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My 2018 JL 2 Dr Sport ( AC, hardtop, LSD, 2.0T) is my daily driver, and my only on- road vehicle ( projects don't count).
It is the ONLY Wrangler that has fit the bill for this " only vehicle needed" use in all my many Jeeps, from flat fenders in the last century, through YJs , TJs, JKs . The JL does everything I need, from "Nights Out " to hauling wood .
Now make it all electric, 500 mile range, and truly Heaven on Earth !

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
My 2019 is my daily driver. I get asked a lot how the ride is and if it's quiet on the road. I always respond "oh no no.. it's terrible and I love it". Even with a manual and living in a city with tons of stop and go traffic I'd never trade it in for anything else.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm on the east end of long Island, so I can fully relate to not having the luxury of nearby legal offroading. Nearest options are either a couple hours further upstate or a few hours west to PA.

If I was closer, I'd definitely meet up for some company. Not many like minded Jeep people in my neck of the woods.
I'm in the same boat. I'm across Long Island Sound from you in SW Connecticut. No legal options near me at all. I did join a club, but all members are in the northern/rural/cool part of the state, and all wheeling we do is on private property in MA, VT, etc that are 2+ hrs away, must be reserved in advance and with minimum rig counts.

Kills me that there I can't just text a buddy and go hit a local relaxing trail.

The closest relaxing place that I can go with just one or two other Jeeps is https://www.508intl.com - they have Jeep Days once or twice a month. Cool place with hill climbs, trails, high speed whoops, some rocks, etc.

If anyone ever wants to hit it PM me.

Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I enjoy going places in my Jeep, although I don’t find the on-road driving experience itself that engaging.

There is half a dozen other vehicles I rather be driving on a twisty mountain road, including my Fiat Spider.

Jeep Wrangler JL Yea yea off roader BUT who enjoys driving their JL onroad? 100_5125.JPG

I’m just quoting you to say. I’ve seen a bunch of your posts. I just now realized your license plate says the same thing as your signature. If that’s real, then that is hilarious.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...just curious am I nuts or are there others that also enjoy driving their Jeep on road as well?
I do. Not for nothing did I configure my JLU with the soft top. It's leagues better than the one on my YJ, so it's quite tolerable when raised. The ability to lower the top, and perhaps turn up the radio volume a bit ;), makes driving on my preferred rural roads very nice indeed.

My only quibble is that towing a 1.3K motorcycle trailer (loaded weight) requires a bit more attention for lanekeeping than did my truck when pulling the same load. This isn't surprising, and this isn't really a demerit against the Jeep, esp. since I tow that trailer infrequently.

Hd088

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLU 2021
Clubs

While I love the JL capabilities off road I have to admit I also quite love driving it on road. Plenty of times I have simply just popped the freedom tops and went to find a nice route and enjoyed the fresh air and the journey on road.

That said I live in New Jersey and I am at least 1-2 hours from anywhere that I could even go offroad. I still want to find some fun trails eventually but really have no desire to smash up my Jeep on rocks. Some light trails/snow/mud/sand I'm down for all that stuff.

I did post in the north New Jersey section hoping I may find some like-minded folks that may enjoy a meet up/ride and find some cool roads but came up empty. So again just curious am I nuts or are there others that also enjoy driving their Jeep on road as well?
I'm always down to go nj trails let me know wen u wanna go

20210918_144912.jpg

20210918_144935.jpg

20210918_210631.jpg

Hd088

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLU 2021
Clubs

While I love the JL capabilities off road I have to admit I also quite love driving it on road. Plenty of times I have simply just popped the freedom tops and went to find a nice route and enjoyed the fresh air and the journey on road.

That said I live in New Jersey and I am at least 1-2 hours from anywhere that I could even go offroad. I still want to find some fun trails eventually but really have no desire to smash up my Jeep on rocks. Some light trails/snow/mud/sand I'm down for all that stuff.

I did post in the north New Jersey section hoping I may find some like-minded folks that may enjoy a meet up/ride and find some cool roads but came up empty. So again just curious am I nuts or are there others that also enjoy driving their Jeep on road as well?

Hd088

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLU 2021
Clubs

I'm always down to go trails in nj let me know when

20210724_150535.jpg

20210724_150314.jpg

20210724_150244.jpg

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I put Fox shocks and steering dampener on my stock JLU, what a difference it makes on road driving.
I also like it when someone tells me they like my Jeep!
I whish they would put a 392 into a stock height Jeep.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I put Fox shocks and steering dampener on my stock JLU, what a difference it makes on road driving.
I also like it when someone tells me they like my Jeep!
I whish they would put a 392 into a stock height Jeep.

Jeep wheels Black.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I don't want to derail the thread any more than I have. :)

The Mopar LCAs for the lift kit are 24 1/4", FYI.
My '19 JLR was bought back due to steering issues. I put the Mopar LCAs on and the caster went from 4.7° to 6.0°, which helped.

When I got my '20 JLUR, I followed some advice I received to not worry about the angle just get the steering right (from the owner of PSC Steering) and installed MC adjustable LCAs. The caster is around 7° now and it's fantastic. The Mopar LCAs might not be long enough. From what I've read, 6.5–7° works great.

Good luck!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
My 21 Sahara is a sweet road car. I actually bought it to replace my 3rd Tahoe. Told the salesman, I have two Wranglers now. What I want to do is replace my Tahoe with something that has a smaller foot-print, it spends 99% of its life parked in the garage. BUT, I need to make the 3 day, 2300 mile run FL to SD twice a year... With 3 dogs and my wife... So to test, I need to take it out on the interstate, run it up to 90 and see how it behaves. It did well, bought it. Ended up having to add a hitch mount shelf to fit our stuff... Then the worst thing happened, when we left SD it was blowing 30-40 kts all the way to Oklahoma City. Sorry guys, it's not to be compared to a full size SUV, wind tossed it from lane to lane like a toy.. I have ordered a new Tahoe, and have to figure out how to minimize the hit on the Sahara.. Nice car though, real nice!
3 Jeeps a.JPG
I90 sucks. It's not the Jeep's fault, but I understand. I've ridden it from Sturgis to MN...100+ degrees, 50MPH side winds, hung over. Miserable. I have ridden it in normal times, it still sucks.

I have been wanting to take my JLUR to the Dragon, went several times in the 91 MR2 turbo I used to have (not close to stock, built for AX & Time Trials), that was a blast. Definitely enjoy drivng the Jeep everywhere.

But, I thought if I take the Jeep, then I could take it more places to go fishing!

Have to admit though, I would prefer to go when lots of sports cars or bikes aren't there. Would hate to literally run over one of them. I would be afraid of that more than anything else. :surprised:
You are worried you are so fast with a Jeep you'll run over bikes and sports cars? Guessing it's been a long time since you've been. The average speed is pretty decent the last few years.
Sponsored