jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@thegame81,

I like driving my lifted on 35's JL Sport S anywhere on or off-road, especially with this ZF8 speed automatic. It just rocks! Best daily driver I've ever owned.

I call the Colorado Front Range home, so I have literally only 20 minutes to start hitting fairly decent back roads and less than an hour to be on some pretty seriously difficult US Forest Service trails up to 10 to 12,000 ft in altitude. And just over an hour to get to some very high mountain passes and peaks up to near 14,000 ft.

Still I do most of my driving in and around the North Denver Metro area. This is by far the best and most fun vehicle I've ever owned. It's a blast, I enjoy every minute I'm piloting this thing.

I especially like the 'Autostick' feature on this auto transmission. It really should be called 'ManualStick' instead. I can row all eight gears anytime I want (which is a lot), without any of the left foot calisthenics. Or I can let the ZF8 shift almost impercetively better than I can ever do. I do like trying to outsmart it however whenever I want.

Of course when off road in 4Lo, I'm almost never in Drive. This tranny gives me the absolute best of both worlds. While on the highway with my stock Sport 3.45 gears and the 35's, I have an 8th speed overdrive gear on steroids. Routinely get better than 22 mpg driving around town and over the flat land highways.

I wouldn't rather be driving anything else.

Jay

IMG_20200605_180738.jpg

IMG_20200801_200022.jpg

InShot_20200915_223133135.jpg
Sponsored

4LOW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Lil 2dr with the 2.0T feels like a sports car.
I second this. I have a 2.0 JLR and it's zippy with the turbo and short wheelbase. It replaced a BMW M340i and I'm not at all disappointed. My first go at offroad vehicles was a 2014 Tacoma which I hated and traded in several months later. Given my experience with the Tacoma and the Wrangler stories I'd heard, I was prepared to buy a second economy/electric car for daily driving. Nope.

I've put 10K (trouble free) miles on the Jeep in less than six months, and I work from home. Some of those are offroad miles + round trip but most are just daily driving and taking the long way or exploring AZ. I'm usually a 6K/year driver.

It's also a targa or convertible and has personality in spades. What's not to like besides the occasional cross breeze? ;) Yes it has some on road quirks but they don't get in the way of enjoying the total package IMO

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I second this. I have a 2.0 JLR and it's zippy with the turbo and short wheelbase. It replaced a BMW M340i and I'm not at all disappointed. My first go at offroad vehicles was a 2014 Tacoma which I hated and traded in several months later. Given my experience with the Tacoma and the Wrangler stories I'd heard, I was prepared to buy a second economy/electric car for daily driving. Nope.

I've put 10K (trouble free) miles on the Jeep in less than six months, and I work from home. Some of those are offroad miles + round trip but most are just daily driving and taking the long way or exploring AZ. I'm usually a 6K/year driver.

It's also a targa or convertible and has personality in spades. What's not to like besides the occasional cross breeze? ;) Yes it has some on road quirks but they don't get in the way of enjoying the total package IMO
Im pretty blessed right now with my two dream cars in my garage, Porsche 964 and JLR. If I could only have one it would be the JLR. EASY choice for me.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I love driving mine around! I love the 8 speed transmission, I think it rides very smooth, and sometimes look down at cars and think, "I could drive over you if I wanted."

Jeep Wrangler JL Yea yea off roader BUT who enjoys driving their JL onroad? _nc_ohc=A9OKWiZ1sAgAX8xXR7s&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2
You on ig? I’ve been trying to find more pics of the paramount fenders on the jl.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
I definitely do…more than I anticipated. And I’ll enjoy it even more once I get my steering stabilizer upgraded!
Sponsored