YAY Quadratec door sill protectors pre order

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hmm, now I’m thinking about the Quadratec fronts with Mopar rears. It’s the wear on the front I’m worried about, anyways.
Can you order the Mopar rears by themselves? I’m calling Quadratec this morning. I’ll let you know what they say about their rear sills.
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you order the Mopar rears by themselves? I’m calling Quadratec this morning. I’ll let you know what they say about their rear sills.
Not that I’m aware of. But I already have the Mopar sills in all four doors. I like the front coverage of the Quadratecs much better, though.

Interesting thought: are the front doors of an Unlimited the same as the doors on a 2 door?

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I installed them over the weekend. The fronts are really good, the rear has good coverage but when you close the door, you can see a bit of the protector. It is not bad, but I can see it may look weird if it was shaved to not be seen with the door closed. You have to kinda look at that gap of the rear door and you see a corner of the protector. Maybe if you moved it more forward towards the front, you won't seem them as much. When you dry fit, close the door to check.
I just got off the phone with Joe from Quadratec. He spoke to their design team and apparently the rear sill was designed to stick out slightly. According to Joe they were designed this way to provide max coverage to protect the paint. I have yet to do any highway driving only local so I’m not sure if there is any increase in wind noise. If I get a chance today I’ll try jump on the highway later today and report back.

SilverJL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I still prefer the Mopar sill covers....Quadratec's are too large IMHO..

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Why would the 2-door cost the same as 4-door?

2 door.PNG

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Based on JK reviews, these guards did interfer with seal, so donot install them if you intend to water fording.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Im going to return mine. I cant stand the fact they are visible from the outside. This is a massive design flaw.

Sponsored

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I bought the Quadratecs because they were cheaper. Wouldn't be surprised to find out that Rugged Ridge designed and manufactures the Quadratecs. Just like WeatherTech makes floor liners for Quadratec (who sells them for less).
You might be right

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Installed today. Like others have said, you can see the rears if you are looking for it. It’s not the end of the world. 99% of folks that look at the Jeep will not see them. Overall, I am pleased with them.

4E0A2BFD-23B6-4C40-9DAF-B94B7E7CF54B.jpeg

lagunajim

Hmm, now I’m thinking about the Quadratec fronts with Mopar rears. It’s the wear on the front I’m worried about, anyways.
I just want to officially co-sign for you how nuts it is to have the Quadratec AND the Mopar — that is totally something I would do to satisfy my obsessive nature ;)

I’m reassured to know I’m not the only one. You should see how I behave with my motorhome! THAT’S nuts.

(Fortunately my soon-to-arrive JL is only a 2-door!)

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I just want to officially co-sign for you how nuts it is to have the Quadratec AND the Mopar — that is totally something I would do to satisfy my obsessive nature ;)

I’m reassured to know I’m not the only one. You should see how I behave with my motorhome! THAT’S nuts.

(Fortunately my soon-to-arrive JL is only a 2-door!)
i ordered both and i don't even have my Jeep yet

lagunajim

Hahahaha I rest my case!

My big decision today is 40 foot motorhome - yes or no to adding a tag-axle. On a 40' it is optional, anything bigger it's standard.
Sponsored