Sponsored

Yakima EXO —- anyone use?

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Any updates on satisfaction on this setup from those that have done it? I have a Willys JLU soft top, and thinking about getting the Yakima swing base + gear locker + bike rack with the Kuat hi-lo extension to allow the gate and swing base to not interfere with each other. I'm only really interested in using one accessory at a time (no top shelf) swapping the bike rack and gear locker as needed.

Has it been working well for you guys?

It really seems like one of the best options for a JLU soft top needing to add some removable external storage capacity for trips, etc.
Sponsored

chowfun27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 392
Finally put the setup back on with 35"s. Box lid touches the spare now but the opening is almost at 100% so I think it's okay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Yakima EXO —- anyone use? 357317156_772681584539151_5398718083649976704_n

chowfun27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 392
Any updates on satisfaction on this setup from those that have done it? I have a Willys JLU soft top, and thinking about getting the Yakima swing base + gear locker + bike rack with the Kuat hi-lo extension to allow the gate and swing base to not interfere with each other. I'm only really interested in using one accessory at a time (no top shelf) swapping the bike rack and gear locker as needed.

Has it been working well for you guys?

It really seems like one of the best options for a JLU soft top needing to add some removable external storage capacity for trips, etc.
I've only used the gear locker box so far but really happy with it. With the top down too, it offers a somewhat secure storage area as well.