First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
That sucks. I know because Iā€™ve had thousands of dollars stolen out of my car, one where police actually knew who took it but apparently didnā€™t have the proof to go after him. Someone said it wasnā€™t Jeep or anyones fault. You said you blame the thief and yourself. Itā€™s 100% the thiefā€™s fault. Itā€™s not your fault. Some society bull crap will try to make you believe itā€™s your fault and the criminal was the victim and they had no choice but to steal your stuff. This is one of the reasons I fall heavily to one side of the political spectrum, I wonā€™t say which one but itā€™s the good side who doesnt believe in absurd ideologies. šŸ˜† Anyway, I hope you get it sorted out soon and sorry to hear someone else has to deal with this crap.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

can someone post a link to these Gorilla locking lug sets that come with 23 locking lug nuts?

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
They come with ā€œbeautyā€ rings that are black. You have to buy the bead lock rings separately because they arenā€™t street legal, I believe
beadlocks arenā€™t street legal at all in most states is my understanding. Iā€™m mainly wondering if these ā€œbeauty ringsā€ can be used to lock in a bead? Or if one has to purchase the lock ring kit separately.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
can someone post a link to these Gorilla locking lug sets that come with 23 locking lug nuts?
I think the box had enough for all of the wheels and the 3 on the spare. I still have the box for the Gorilla locks. I will take a pic of the part number off the box. I will look in my garage later when I get home.

There is also a old thread on this Forum somewhere.

I also think the new Mopar locks with the sleeve is a good lock to slow down a thief.

Here you go:
Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
To be clear Iā€™m not blaming anyone but the thief and myself for not parking in the garage
Iā€™m just saying Iā€™m disappointed in Jeep for not making an effort.

I had to research and figure out and order on my own instead. Thatā€™s just poor customer service in my opinion.

If you work for Jeep, you should know your Jeep stuff better than your customer

I feel like Jeep has lost its way.
Sorry, old boy. Low-hanging fruit.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Why, because of parts availability? It's not Jeep or Ram or anyones fault with your wheels. Every company is having parts issues. ā€¦ā€¦.. They barely have enough to build them new much less have certain replacement parts.
you just spoke in circles. They have the parts to build them, right? So, they have the parts.

the fact is that there ARE enough parts despite the supply chain issues. FCA is building Jeeps TODAY with those wheels and is building more TOMORROW And each day thereafter. FCA has made a decision: customers who have already purchased can wait because we have no value to FCA. Only new sales have value to FCA so they will use the parts to build new vehicles and the heck with ā€œyesterdayā€™s customerā€ who might have an issue.

FCA has enough parts. They just have no intention of using those parts to support customers who bought a jeep before today.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Only two people to blame here the OP and the thief. I guess one could also blame Jeep for not making factory wheel locks standard on a $70,000 vehicle with easy access to a $400+ dollar spare tire.

A person is spending $70k for the Jeep and the could not splurge on a basic set of $25 wheel locks or a HD cable and pad lock at a minimum to secure his $400+ rim and tire.

The thief is smart he knows these new rims and tires will be in high demand and will soon have them available a cut rate prices thanks to those that donā€™t secure them. It it not right but it is reality in todayā€™s world.

Both my 2020 and 2021 JLURs had a spare tire locks and a cable lock on them hours after they arrived home with larger tires. Not to do so was just asking for them to be stolen.

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Only two people to blame here the OP and the thief. I guess one could also blame Jeep for not making factory wheel locks standard on a $70,000 vehicle with easy access to a $400+ dollar spare tire.

A person is spending $70k for the Jeep and the could not splurge on a basic set of $25 wheel locks or a HD cable and pad lock at a minimum to secure his $400+ rim and tire.

The thief is smart he knows these new rims and tires will be in high demand and will soon have them available a cut rate prices thanks to those that donā€™t secure them. It it not right but it is reality in todayā€™s world.

Both my 2020 and 2021 JLURs had a spare tire locks and a cable lock on them hours after they arrived home with larger tires. Not to do so was just asking for them to be stolen.

Why should someone spending $70k have to fear their stuff is going to get stolen? They absolutely should NOT. You're doing EXACTLY what I said in a previous post, you're making thief the victim. The thief couldn't help themself because the wheel wasn't secured. That's the DUBMEST thing I've ever heard. The thief had a choice, the choice was to steal something. I think we should lop off both of his hands, personally.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Why should someone spending $70k have to fear their stuff is going to get stolen? They absolutely should NOT. You're doing EXACTLY what I said in a previous post, you're making thief the victim. The thief couldn't help themself because the wheel wasn't secured. That's the DUBMEST thing I've ever heard. The thief had a choice, the choice was to steal something. I think we should lop off both of his hands, personally.
Don't you find your typo just a little ironic?

[Happens to all of us, but it made me smile.]

BTW, according to Chris, the death penalty is in order. You Coloradans go too easy on crime. :)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
you just spoke in circles. They have the parts to build them, right? So, they have the parts.

the fact is that there ARE enough parts despite the supply chain issues. FCA is building Jeeps TODAY with those wheels and is building more TOMORROW And each day thereafter. FCA has made a decision: customers who have already purchased can wait because we have no value to FCA. Only new sales have value to FCA so they will use the parts to build new vehicles and the heck with ā€œyesterdayā€™s customerā€ who might have an issue.

FCA has enough parts. They just have no intention of using those parts to support customers who bought a jeep before today.
While Iā€™d normally be the first to label FCA a bunch of greedy bastards, right now they are prioritizing vehicle production because (a) thereā€™s a shortage of vehicle inventory, (b) thereā€™s more money in delivering a complete vehicle, (c) not delivering a vehicle risks losing that customer to the competition, and (d) as you correctly indicate, an existing customer is locked-in an therefore can be made to wait.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
While Iā€™d normally be the first to label FCA a bunch of greedy bastards, right now they are prioritizing vehicle production because (a) theres a shortage of vehicle inventory, (b) thereā€™s more money in building a vehicle, (c) not delivering a vehicle risks losing that customer to the competition, and (d) as you correctly indicate, an existing customer is locked-in an therefore ā€œcan wait.ā€
Agreed.

Imagine being told that your new Jeep's production was being delayed to accumulate spare parts in case a wheel gets stolen from an existing customer.

Me: "WTF!". Followed by "Wait a minute, didn't he have wheel locks?".

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Agreed.

Imagine being told that your new Jeep's production was being delayed to accumulate spare parts in case a wheel gets stolen from an existing customer.
A spare wheel too. Absolutely nothing that affects safety or being able to drive his Jeep. While I have sympathy for OP running into a dirtbag and having a bad ecodiesel, this thread is quite ridiculous.
Sponsored