Sponsored

Xtreme Recon spare tire stolen, but Not available to order replacement 🤬

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
$173 before shipping
Definitely expensive for wheel locks but so are those XR wheels and tires. Do they come in black? They seem like they work. Another option is the full locking set of Gorilla locks. They seem to have gone up in price also. I think the full set of Gorillas cost close the same cost as the Advanced wheel locks, plus or minus a few bucks. The issue with the Gorilla locks is you have to be very careful installing them or the finish can nick and they will rust after a 1-2 years.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dunno if they’ll really do much but this thread made me go find the best deal on Mopar OEM wheel locks lol. They fit pretty nice!
Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon spare tire stolen, but Not available to order replacement 🤬 949232E6-D66E-48FF-9AAF-3F2DD70C7FCB

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon spare tire stolen, but Not available to order replacement 🤬 949232E6-D66E-48FF-9AAF-3F2DD70C7FCB
I think the Mopar locks are by far the best bang for the buck for a effective wheel lock. My new first choice if they sit deep enough. The only issue is how they fit and look in some different wheel designs. They look good on your wheels. They are set in deep enough. I have seen the Mopar locks on some other wheels where they stick out too far. I also wish there was a black Mopar wheel lock option. Maybe a black finish does not hold up as well and will rust? I guess durability maybe the trade off?

Again, the Mopar locks are a great value for a effective functional wheel lock.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a picture of the Mopar wheel locks on stock factory Rubicon wheels? I want to see how far they stick out?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone have a picture of the Mopar wheel locks on stock factory Rubicon wheels? I want to see how far they stick out?
Got rid on mine but all Canadian jeeps come with them (I think. Mine did anyway) and the locking lug stuck out easily 1/2" if not 3/4". Mine were the non spinning ones.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely expensive for wheel locks but so are those XR wheels and tires. Do they come in black? They seem like they work. Another option is the full locking set of Gorilla locks. They seem to have gone up in price also. I think the full set of Gorillas cost close the same cost as the Advanced wheel locks, plus or minus a few bucks. The issue with the Gorilla locks is you have to be very careful installing them or the finish can nick and they will rust after a 1-2 years.
Yeah they also come in black

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got rid on mine but all Canadian jeeps come with them (I think. Mine did anyway) and the locking lug stuck out easily 1/2" if not 3/4". Mine were the non spinning ones.
Sticking that far out would look bad. It would be a no-go for me if they stick that far out. Thanks.

Sponsored

Flyingtooth

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler 4 door
My spare tire and wheel was stolen from my Jeep, had it less than a week. Called Jeep, who connected me with dealership who couldn’t find any part #’s and was told by “Chrysler” this isn’t available until at least December but no eta.
So I spent $70k and can’t get a replacement wheel for at least a month or two? That’s ridiculous.
I ordered the Mopar bead lock wheel which looks in pictures and specs to be the same wheel but with a silver ring instead of black……. Having a spare is a safety issue so I guess I have to take matters into my own hands again. Not impressed with the customer service after the last 4 vehicles I’ve purchased (2 Ram trucks and 2 Jeep’s).
I may look at Ford trucks next and maybe the Bronco. I feel like Jeep has lost its way

Looks like a standard Rubicon (not a 392). What color are the internal part of the Wheel. I am hearing bronze, black, grey... Also does the beadlock ring have a curve cut out for the tire stem? The online ones (silver) do not. ANd how many bolts for beadlock?

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Looks like a standard Rubicon (not a 392). What color are the internal part of the Wheel. I am hearing bronze, black, grey... Also does the beadlock ring have a curve cut out for the tire stem? The online ones (silver) do not. ANd how many bolts for beadlock?
Grey inside wheel, black ring has cut outs for valve stem. 25 bolts for the ring, same as Mopar bead locks but a different wheel. Mopar beadlock wheel with silver rings are made in China and black wheel. XR beadlock wheels are grey inside, made in Mexico. I wish Jeep would get their shit together and offer this wheel so I can get a replacement

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
To be clear I’m not blaming anyone but the thief and myself for not parking in the garage! I’m just saying I’m disappointed in Jeep for not making an effort - if they would have told me “we can only get you the wheel with a silver ring, will that work?”, I would have been happier. I had to research and figure out and order on my own instead. That’s just poor customer service in my opinion. If you work for Jeep, you should know your Jeep stuff better than your customer!
I’ve never owned a Ford and my last 4 vehicles have been FCA, might be time to try someone else and see if the customer experience is a little better 🤷🏽‍♂️

I only bought this Jeep because I traded in a ‘21 JLUR Ecodiesel that was giving me problem after problem. I really like the JL and ride quality and capability but having two TJs with very few issues shows how much better they were in the past.
It is not your fault someone stole your wheels. Look at the XR club thread, and you will see I reported someone selling XR wheels that were obviously stolen...eBay, to their credit, removed them promptly and the bid was up to $2,550 plus $349 shipping...We need to fight the theft...on another note, I have Gorilla wheel locks. Any good or bad feedback for me trying to protect my wife's XR?