Xtreme Recon Spacer lift??

nhartt88

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Hello- I have an xtreme recon package inbound next week and looking to get a little more height. anyone put spacers on yet?

i’m just curious if it’s even possible with the stock XR suspension.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Why wouldn’t it be possible? Spacers are available from 1/2” all the way up to 3”. If the XR sits 1.5” taller than a standard rubicon a 1” spacer is basically the same as running a 2.5” spacer on a stock rubicon, which dozens of us did for years. I’d suggest longer front lowers, be it the Mopar budget/factory look option or aftermarket adjustables as even a stock height rubi could use some more caster.

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
Why wouldn’t it be possible? Spacers are available from 1/2” all the way up to 3”. If the XR sits 1.5” taller than a standard rubicon a 1” spacer is basically the same as running a 2.5” spacer on a stock rubicon, which dozens of us did for years. I’d suggest longer front lowers, be it the Mopar budget/factory look option or aftermarket adjustables as even a stock height rubi could use some more caster.
Do you think shock bracket extensions should also be added if you are going 1.5"?

Surfarch

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURxR
Re-boosting an old thread. Anyone put a spacer lift on an xTreme Recon? I'm putting on 37s this week but won't have the lift for a few months. I want to add 2" spacers until the full lift arrives, but don't know if I need shock extensions, longer control arms, etc. Looking to see what anyone else has experienced.

Decreasing Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURubicon XR
Occupation
Retired Federal LEO
I plan on doing something similar.

I will probably keep the 35s but want more tire to fender gap. I was going to go with .75" spaces, either Fishbone or Daystar. Brad from TrailRecon did it (with a Fishbone .75") on his 392 XR to add 37s. I don't think he did anything else but add the spacers at the time.

Dave

Sponsored

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Jest put 37s on my XR today. Lift goes on next month so not worried about off roading it.

Threw in the measurements front the ground to the flare. The jeep has a ton on MC stuff on it plus front and rear bumpers and diff skids in the back to be installed Saturday.

20220908_172315.jpg

20220908_172236.jpg

20220908_172249.jpg

20220908_172402.jpg

20220908_172415.jpg

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Bare min for offroading on 37 is a 0.75 on the rear. You will have more rake, but the fronts clear with tons of space. Add a 1.5" up front with metal bumper, or maybe 1" without. As above 37 will clear for onroad use anyway.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Rather then 1” spacers I just replaced the 1.5” Xtreme Recon springs with 2.5” RK springs to gain the extra free length (Dead zone for long travel) for better articulation without the front springs unseating. The ride zone where you will ride most of the time and then the overload zone to stiffen up for hard hits and cornering.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Rather then 1” spacers I just replaced the 1.5” Xtreme Recon springs with 2.5” RK springs to gain the extra free length (Dead zone for long travel) for better articulation without the front springs unseating. The ride zone where you will ride most of the time and then the overload zone to stiffen up for hard hits and cornering.
Does it ride similar to a stock XR? I have a takeoff XR suspension in mine, I like how it rides but the front is low due to winch and steel factory bumper so I want to bring the front back up.

Do you have a pic of yours? Thanks
Sponsored