Xtreme recon package 392 - 35s, lift and gearing

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
Little confused how they’re stating this is a 2022 and then in the comments when someone ask they state see dm’s. Can someone enlighten me? The 2021 xrecons don’t start production till August.
The VIN number indicates what the model year is of any vehicle. So regardless of what the build date is, the VIN will be the definitive answer as to what the actual model year is.
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Those are the same shocks I saw for a split second on the Chicago Auto Show video.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Those are the same shocks I saw for a split second on the Chicago Auto Show video.
Man they have a money maker with the XR package. It's probably a wash on build cost, the cost difference in the tires and tailgate reinforcement probably offset with the shock change.

Really good marketing if you think about it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Man they have a money maker with the XR package. It's probably a wash on build cost, the cost difference in the tires and tailgate reinforcement probably offset with the shock change.

Yep. I'm sure they've allocated more money on the books for warranty claims too, or however that works in automotive corporate finance world.

But yes, hard cost -- couple hundred $$ I'm sure.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
There is no 2022 Wrangler yet. I wouldn't trust what they're posting.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR

Materials to build a Porsche or Ferrari vs the selling price of either is an even bigger gap.
There is more to it than just the price of the parts or labor.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Does the XR package still have the FAD block off plate or is it a straight axle tube now?

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Does the XR package still have the FAD block off plate or is it a straight axle tube now?
That's a good question. I hope it's a straight tube. I think middle of August the embargoes will be ended and we get to find out.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
exactly the question I’ve been wondering. Somewhere else on this forum a couple weeks ago - I can’t remember the thread now - someone said it was a straight tube, but no reference was given.

hard for me to imagine they’d do a solid tube given tooling, but fingers crossed; we’ll see😀

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
exactly the question I’ve been wondering. Somewhere else on this forum a couple weeks ago - I can’t remember the thread now - someone said it was a straight tube, but no reference was given.

hard for me to imagine they’d do a solid tube given tooling, but fingers crossed; we’ll see😀
I believe Spicer builds them for Jeep. Tooling would be nothing for them to do.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I believe Spicer builds them for Jeep. Tooling would be nothing for them to do.
i meant that in terms of building the rig in Toledo. But, even at spicer as well as in Toledo, that’s one more parts variable that needs to be managed that’s different than all the other rubicons. I’m skeptical. But, hopefully it’s a straight tube.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
i meant that in terms of building the rig in Toledo. But, even at spicer as well as in Toledo, that’s one more parts variable that needs to be managed that’s different than all the other rubicons. I’m skeptical. But, hopefully it’s a straight tube.
Well it does mention axle in the package. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored