Xtreme recon package 392 - 35s, lift and gearing

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Did you measure the tires dismounted or at least off the vehicle where no weight was impactful to the height? Just curious. On vehicle, overall -- my 37" KO2 tires were slightly less than 1/2" smaller than my Nitto Trail Grappler 37" tires. Inflated to a similar PSI.
I measured mounted on vehicle under weight as that was what was suggested when calibrating the speedometer. That suggestion might be wrong though.

K02s run smaller than Ridge Grapplers. I’ve had both.

Those XR Mopar beadlocks are heavy (remember, these are actually the original Mopar beadlocks)IIRC 43lbs without the rings. The rings with their many bolts are probably another 3-5 lbs. I went with the lightest tire I trusted to handle the sharp rock trails of Texas with consideration to the weight already added by the beadlocks.
Sponsored

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I measured mounted on vehicle under weight as that was what was suggested when calibrating the speedometer. That suggestion might be wrong though.

K02s run smaller than Ridge Grapplers. I’ve had both.

Those XR Mopar beadlocks are heavy. IIRC 43lbs without the rings. The rings with their many bolts are probably another 3-5 lbs. I went with the lightest tire I trusted to handle the sharp rock trails of Texas with consideration to the weight already added by the beadlocks.
The circumference does not change under load it just deforms. You should use the published tire diameter. The 37" KO2 on a 17" wheel should be 36.5. Your probably a little off on calibration and may not be counting all your miles. Good news is your MPG is probably better than you think.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
That makes more sense to me. Awesome, will recalibrate my Tazer and see what my actual mileage is!
If your speedometer is accurate now then I wouldn’t adjust anything

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Now the question is which 37's to go with, that is a WHOLE nother conversation thread :LOL:
I’m gonna run 37” KM3s. I’d like to be able to run those without lifting my 392 XR. I’ll probably add the Mopar adjustable lower control arms and maybe an adjustable trac-bar but going to try to keep the suspension “stock” for as long as I can 😅 It’s going to be my daily driver for the next year or two

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I’m gonna run 37” KM3s. I’d like to be able to run those without lifting my 392 XR. I’ll probably add the Mopar adjustable lower control arms and maybe an adjustable trac-bar but going to try to keep the suspension “stock” for as long as I can 😅 It’s going to be my daily driver for the next year or two
You won't need to lift it to run 37" KM3's or KO2's.

Friend of mine bought a non-XR and we can fit 39's on his with just a fender chop/liner kit. Might need bump stops but that would be about all.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
who is Scott Blum?
Part of management team for wrangler product planning at Jeep.

There’s some questions he can’t answer based on release timing and announcements. He was specifically asked about shock brand/model that he would not release yet :)

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
read this today "The article also stated that the Xtreme Recon package will feature an industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio when customers choose an optional 4.88:1 axle ratio. "

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Part of management team for wrangler product planning at Jeep.

There’s some questions he can’t answer based on release timing and announcements. He was specifically asked about shock brand/model that he would not release yet :)
Hoping for IBP's.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
WOW lovin it!!

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Wow looks like they got rid of the Fox shocks, did not see that one coming.

Hopefully the ride is good because I must say that is one of the biggest surprises on my 392 is the ride is really good. everyone who rides in it comments on it.

TCOV

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 Ext. Recon, 2018 JKUR Recon (sold)
Little confused how they’re stating this is a 2022 and then in the comments when someone ask they state see dm’s. Can someone enlighten me? The 2021 xrecons don’t start production till August.
Sponsored