Sponsored

Xtreme RECON owners check your front track bar and Pitman arm/steering shaft nut.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon I have been sort of backing the longer factory bumpstops to protect the factory fenders from the bigger tires.. Turns out after a bit of wheeling this weekend I was feeling some contact on a couple whoops but it just felt too solid. I checked the bumpstop pads for contact marks but they were ever so slight. So underneath I went on a creeper as I want to see the suspension under full weight. Turns out I find a contact point. The trackbar is hitting the steering box shaft at the pitman arm when you compress the front suspension evenly. There is only about an inch and a half between the trackbar and that steering shaft. This may be a concern and a cause for steering box breakage.
Customer care has been notified. I’ll be starting a claim at my dealer in the am.
Sponsored

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Tide
Holy cow. What ever happened with this?

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
He decided to have a beer instead.

OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Sorry guys. Thanks for the reminder. Checked it all over thoroughly and it was not the track bar hitting the pitman arm nut. To be honest I have no idea what made contact other then maybe when I installed the new steering stabilizer relocation bracket I had to unbolt the trackbar and push it up out of the way. I cleaned it all up and haven’t seen any more contact since.
Sponsored