Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I jacked this beast up! Use a 24" floor jack...it barley got it off the ground! I slid a 1" square yardstick under to show I got it off the ground.
1683576916000.png
An inch is as good as a foot when changing/rotating the tires!
Sponsored

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
so I guess the Beach edition has painted fenders and the High Tide has black plastic? I just put a deposit down on a Hydro Blue High Tide and my only nit pick is getting black fenders.
Yeah, I actually didn't want the painted fenders but have kind of warmed up to them now.

6.5shooter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma daily, Sting Gray JLUR ordered!
Occupation
I&E Technician, Crane operator
how did/do you like the spacer And
Mopar LCA setup? Considering the same but maybe 3/4” spacer vs 1” to prep for 37s. Did the stock shocks do ok? How much bump stop did you add with that setup?
Sorry for the delay! The spacer/Mopar LCA setup was great. No additional bumpstop necessary due to the stock XR bumpstops being so long. It rode the same as stock, and drove better than stock due to the longer LCA’s. I’ve still got the Mopar LCA’s and spacers in the shop if you’d be interested. Only went the RK route to get more droop.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
so I guess the Beach edition has painted fenders and the High Tide has black plastic? I just put a deposit down on a Hydro Blue High Tide and my only nit pick is getting black fenders.
My bodyshop charged me $700Can to sand, prep and paint my fenders to body color.

Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

We joined the Xtreme Recon JL Club yesterday. '23 Willy XR, 3.6, auto and a few other options.

Swapping the rock rails for Sahara Running Boards as my first mod, followed by a closing fuel cover/door, then Redline Prop Rods. I have a bunch of matting for the interior over a longer weekend.

Looking forward to all the accessorizing/mods.

First pic with the obligatory finger block...
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 2023-06-02 10.52.22

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 2023-06-02 10.52.37

wreck99

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon, 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn
Clubs

We joined the Xtreme Recon JL Club yesterday. '23 Willy XR, 3.6, auto and a few other options.

Swapping the rock rails for Sahara Running Boards as my first mod, followed by a closing fuel cover/door, then Redline Prop Rods. I have a bunch of matting for the interior over a longer weekend.

Looking forward to all the accessorizing/mods.

First pic with the obligatory finger block...

Nice lookin' Jeep! I'm sure you were thrilled to receive after the long wait. I had it in my mind 6 months for mine but who knows with the manual woes. Looks like yours was about the same. How does the Willy's ride? Enjoy the new ride! I look forward to any mods you feel like posting.

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Nice lookin' Jeep! I'm sure you were thrilled to receive after the long wait. I had it in my mind 6 months for mine but who knows with the manual woes. Looks like yours was about the same. How does the Willy's ride? Enjoy the new ride! I look forward to any mods you feel like posting.
It drove extremely well on the way back. Tended to want to drift slightly right, but nothing serious. Performance of the 3.6 with auto has been outstanding.

So far I'm working on adding Sahara running boards. I have @RedLine prop rods next in line, followed by a fuel door. Interior will have kilmat, scotch guard, then door entry guards. LCAs will be by end of summer. Everything all ready acquired. Some PPF before the door sill guards, also for hinges.

I'll document as I go, posting when I can.

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
Anyone add wheel spacers to their Xtreme Recon? I added to my old Jeep and like a lot (along with modern radio...). I'm more curious than have intentions. Would love to see pics.

Sponsored

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Anyone add wheel spacers to their Xtreme Recon? I added to my old Jeep and like a lot (along with modern radio...). I'm more curious than have intentions. Would love to see pics.
Man, mine is wide enough as is. Driving my wife's 2 door feels like a CJ now.

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
I have spacers. I also chopped the fenders and went with AAL inners so no fender extension. The poke some. Nothing crazy. I like em. I also moved up to 37x12.5 tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_7580

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_7581

svc707

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR, 21 JTM, '23 4RNR
I have spacers. I also chopped the fenders and went with AAL inners so no fender extension. The poke some. Nothing crazy. I like em. I also moved up to 37x12.5 tires.

which spacers did you go with? I like it!

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
Man, mine is wide enough as is. Driving my wife's 2 door feels like a CJ now.
I actually agree, any wider and might be annoying; buttttt, I bet someone has done this. I won't hate, just want to see what it looks like. I added 1.5" to my Commander with next size tire up, touched up paint, added modern stereo, replaced fog and headlights, next is recover seats!
Sponsored