XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
eBay removed the Xtreme Recon wheels/tires I reported. Two thumbs up for eBay.
Sponsored

6.5shooter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma daily, Sting Gray JLUR ordered!
Occupation
I&E Technician, Crane operator
Got my 37x12.50 KM3’s on the XR this week. Currently running a 1” front spacer and Mopar LCAs, but have Rk 2.5” springs and MC LCAs ordered. Going with the 2-3” bilsteins for now to give me an additional 2.5” front and 2” rear droop and still keep me out of driveshaft danger. May swap out shocks when I get ready to buy a driveshaft.

6AAF0B73-BCBA-4E87-A285-DA5D9ED3699E.jpeg

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
I was also thinking that the longer RK springs would give me that extra length (when compressed) to avoid bottoming out the shocks.
The bumpstops are what protects your shocks from bottoming out. Since the XR has extended bumpstops already I don’t think you anything to worry about there. I’m running MC RockSport long travel shocks without issue.
That being said I also run RK 2.5” triple rate springs for a smoother ride.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The bumpstops are what protects your shocks from bottoming out. Since the XR has extended bumpstops already I don’t think you anything to worry about there. I’m running MC RockSport long travel shocks without issue.
That being said I also run RK 2.5” triple rate springs for a smoother ride.
Thanks again for your feedback, I think I messaged you on Facebook. I am going with RK springs & Bilstein 5100’s in the 3.5-4” lift version.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for your feedback, I think I messaged you on Facebook. I am going with RK springs & Bilstein 5100’s in the 3.5-4” lift version.
You may find the Bilsteins a little on the stiffer side. I am interested to hear what you think of them once installed. I was not a fan of them personally. But I love the RK springs. Good luck and have fun.

Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You may find the Bilsteins a little on the stiffer side. I am interested to hear what you think of them once installed. I was not a fan of them personally. But I love the RK springs. Good luck and have fun.
i appreciate
Interesting. Would you say more stiff than OEM Rubicon shocks?

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i appreciate

Interesting. Would you say more stiff than OEM Rubicon shocks?
Most definitely stiffer than OEM. Jarring IMHO.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Most definitely stiffer than OEM. Jarring IMHO.
I’ll report back soon. Placed the order for the RK springs & Bilstein shocks. Install in a couple weeks. Hope see about 1.5-2” of gain. My XR came with plastic bumpers & tow pkg.

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
I'm loving my 23 Willys JLU XR. Kinda promised my wife I wouldn't go crazy with this one like I did with my TJ (plus this is my daily driver). I'll have to read through this thread for ideas though.

Mild mods so far:

Desert Does it shorty seat jackers (.75"). Love it.
Mopar front LCA. Feels a little more planted on the highway.
Bulletpoint phone mount (mounts to a ball on the passenger side dash grab handle).

Have the MORE dead pedal on order.

JLU.5.jpg

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Put her threw her paces this weekend and once again loving how she performs. Loaded up for a 3 day camping trip with the family and some friends, was in charge of towing aswell and was unsure at first how she would do but she did well. Had to pull up the Cajon pass to our spot in calico which was about 65 miles and averaged 12mpg, pulling up the pass I was able to maintain 60 in 5th and once I was on flat highway I could cruise at 65 in 8th pretty much the whole time. Unfortunately couldn’t wheel much as I made the mistake being to close to another XR trying to help her up an obstacle but I slipped as they were gassing it and here I am with a swollen ankle, but got plenty of drone footage still.
65CA5E78-7B7B-4F39-8A48-3CB7467757F3.jpeg
BF6844B5-1448-4CF4-8A1E-DDF152EAF538.jpeg

Video of me getting pretty much ran over, can’t see too much of it, including so you can learn from my dumb mistake/unfortunate slip.

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
This is the one I have (no tip):
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-304-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

I don’t have my own video but here is a YT video of some exterior sound bytes:

You might be able to find some interior sound samples…Extreme Terrain may have an install video. It’s surprisingly not that loud on the inside, unless you jam the skinny pedal. It’s about $150, so not a huge investment, and I got it mostly for the clearance, not the more aggressive sound.
Sounds really good! 👍🏼