First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
JLUXR with plastic bumpers and looking to upgrade to with a DV8 or LOD front bumper and winch. Any ideas what I should plan on to level the ride height to stock? I kind of wish I had ordered the steel bumper group to get the heavier duty springs, but it seemed like a waste since I knew I wouldn't keep those bumpers.
Looks about 3/4 to me with my OEM Kuafu copy and Badlands Winch. So 3/4 to go back to stock (Daystar has this size) or a Daystar 1.5 leveling spacer if you want to even it up more. Im doing a 1.5 front and 3/4 rear spacer with the Fox 2-3" 2.0 IFP shocks. Hoping for a little more droop. Maybe only 1" max, plus a better ride, and more lift.... And 37's..
Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I should also add for those curious. The MOPAR hinge gate reinforcement holds a 40" tire with ease. Zero rattles, even with me violently shaking it. I also accidentally hit my tire with my other jeep pulling into the drive way, no harm done.

I did install a RC relocation plate as well, and some increased bumps for the tires. You can also see my third brake light peaking above the tire....it works kinda.

PXL_20220205_203257174.jpg
You know you can raise the OEM Third Brake light on the kit? Its got 2 screws each side, if you take them out you can slide the light up about 1" and just use the top screws. Its a plastic frame and doesnt rattle or vibrate with just one screw each side.. Plus you can an additional 1" of light height. I had to jiggle the wiring around to loosen it enough to allow it to extend. But seems a good fix to fit a larger tire..

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone taken the front springs out yet? I want to add spacers but could not drop the axle enough with my low axle stands to clear the bump stop even with spring compressors.. Looks like I'll have to raise it higher and drop the axle amost right out.

Anyone got any tips?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone taken the front springs out yet? I want to add spacers but could not drop the axle enough with my low axle stands to clear the bump stop even with spring compressors.. Looks like I'll have to raise it higher and drop the axle amost right out.

Anyone got any tips?
Sometimes it helps to raise opposite side while lowering the other. of course haven't tried on XR yet. I left my 37 on one side for leverage as I lowered the other side.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Lift it high enough, disconnect the cables, breathers and brake line brackets and the springs will fall out. Did you unbolt the trackbar?

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
As stated above if all is disconnected and jacking opposite side should get you there.

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Lift it high enough, disconnect the cables, breathers and brake line brackets and the springs will fall out. Did you unbolt the trackbar?
I didnt unbolt everything.. the back went in easy.. just wanted to check it was possible with the XR to do it without dropping the whole axle off before I got back into it and found it out the hard way that it wasnt possible without going all out..

Last edited:

FryGuyTime

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Hello all! I have a a JLURXR that should be getting delivered in the next month or so and I have some questions that I'm hoping you XR owners will have answers to. I plan on making some upgrades and running 37s, I also offroad frequently.

1st - Can I run 37s on the stock wheels without rubbing? Im unsure of what the back spacing is. I've seen somewhere that said you can run 37s with the beadlock rings (which I do plan on using) since it makes the wheels a bit wider
2nd - If I go up to a 3.5 in. lift will I need to replace the driveshafts? I cant really find anywhere that says if the driveshafts are upgraded/longer at all
3rd - Can I mount a JK bumper onto the JL? I currently have a JKU and would love to keep my front bumper and put it on the JLU if possible.
4th - I think that Im looking at getting the Metal Cloak 3.5" GC kit. Will I need to get new shocks or will the stock ones work until I decide to upgrade them?

TLDR: Can I run 37s on the stock wheels and will a JK front bumper fit on a JL? What all do I need to upgrade to run the MC 3.5" GC lift kit?

Super

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, 2022 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Curious did you order the Willy's or Willy's Sport? Considering ordering
XR is only available in Willys. Not in the sport.

beezy

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
The last order guide and Jeep website had the XR package available for both the Willys and Willys Sport
Sponsored