StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

Nope, my “5” was Porcupine Rim. Just a constant barrage of ledges and shelves.
Gotcha...sounds like fun....will have to do that next time. I guess Poison Spider Mesa is rated a 6...haven't done that one either. Fins (4) was a nice warmup to Hells (6) for me, but I did have some help (spotter) in front of me and did not do Hells Gate.
Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Gotcha...sounds like fun....will have to do that next time. I guess Poison Spider Mesa is rated a 6...haven't done that one either. Fins (4) was a nice warmup to Hells (6) for me, but I did have some help (spotter) in front of me and did not do Hells Gate.
Yeah, they advertise Porcupine Rim as the “bumpiest/roughest” trail down there in that there’s no reprive from the obstacles sticking up from the bedrock. None were extremely difficult, but they didn’t relent the entire way.

I ran Fins on Sunday, the guide said the last section (when running counterclockwise) is very much like Hells Revenge. I intend to run Hell’s as well.

A young 20 something gal in our Fins group was checking out my Jeep and discussing the trails she’d run. She said she got through to just past the waterfall on Poison Spider in her JL sport with a 1”lift and 33’s without much difficulty. I’d think the XR could complete the Trifecta (Poison Spider, Gold Bar, Golden Spike) with a decent driver and good spotter without much difficulty.

oceanbretzke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ocean Engineer / US Navy Diver
Jeep Care folks told me today that XR orders are delayed due to high tide orders from dealers. Whether that is true or not who knows

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Following this question. I have spring and spacer lifts sitting in the shop - still wondering what is the best way to level it. I have the steel bumper, warn winch, Mopar bar and Mopar 7" lights on the front and I do have some drop there.
I thought the factory adjusted the springs slightly based upon factory options like the steel bumper. I see how the other items would cause some drop but if the factory steel bumper came from the factory as shipped, would that be accounted for?

Sponsored

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
I thought the factory adjusted the springs slightly based upon factory options like the steel bumper. I see how the other items would cause some drop but if the factory steel bumper came from the factory as shipped, would that be accounted for?
I does not appear to have been considered. I even had the dealer install all the other options, and asked them to verify the jeep was level. Their definition of level and an old OCD engineer's definition of level are not the same. I want the thing perfectly level when it is just resting and let the people getting on board and gear get it unlevel.

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I does not appear to have been considered. I even had the dealer install all the other options, and asked them to verify the jeep was level. Their definition of level and an old OCD engineer's definition of level are not the same. I want the thing perfectly level when it is just resting and let the people getting on board and gear get it unlevel.
I share that OCD Engineer brain...

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
Can anyone chime in on mpg with the 2.0 willys xr?

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
I'm going with the Teraflex spacer lift to level it out. 1/2 inch difference front to rear.
Is that with the plastic bumper?

Sponsored

Zus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWXR
Hi everyone, My first post on JL forums. I placed an order for a Willys XR a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know if the XR front axle is just a rebranded Gladiator axle?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Can anyone chime in on mpg with the 2.0 willys xr?
I don’t think there are any out there yet. I am curious too. I want to know how the 2.0 does with 4.56 gears.
Sponsored