Sponsored

XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
You came swinging right off the bat…any ride comparison between XR stock and Mopar Lift?

looks good 👍🏻
Here’s my 2 cents…

Wife‘s XR rides slightly better than my Mopar Lifted 18 JL Rubicon with 37K02s. Keep in mind mine is also 3 years old with about 28k miles on suspension and tires…
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
No idea as the lift kit went on as soon as the Jeep came off the truck. The original BFG tires i put 80 miles on them and they were a lot noisier than the Geolandars. The Geolandars ride much smoother than the BFG likely because if the increased sidewall. Dealership charged my $100 to recalibrate the speedometer and it is exact with my GPS. FYI. No need for Tazers etc.
That's awesome, so you see 8th gear with the 4.56 and 37" tires?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Demon 2048

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR with Extreme Rubicon option

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Thanks for the tip. The transmission goes into 8th gear at 45MPH and stays there without hunting. Hope this helps.
that helps a lot, interesting cause I would’ve guessed 4.88 would be the minimum for 37’s but maybe the 4.56 work just fine.

Enjoy your rig buddy!

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Not mine but I saw my first XR last night. Looked good. Had a $2k adm.

08705256-A14A-4C4A-9082-D93B96DC35C2.jpeg

119D57A5-3220-4DEE-A3FE-D5A0433915AA.jpeg
Not bad, considering my region asks for $5-10k ADM on in stock units. My closest dealership has no inventory but told me they'll custom order one for $2,500 over msrp. I've bought several wranglers and Rams from them and they did not give a sh!t. I ordered out of town and got 6% off invoice. I don't mind the wait, I still use my JKU.

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
How'd she do???
I just need to bring this up on my phone... I don't log into the computer enough.. We had a blast at Rausch Creek Offroad Park. We stuck to easy stuff for the first time out. A few bumps along the way, but we had a good time.

We never needed to turn the lockers on during our trip, but BLD is a pretty impressive technology. I lifted tires left and right(literally) and just kept right on moving. Went through this in 4Lo and no lockers, and I had the sway bar disconnected majority of the trip, apparently forgot to disconnect here. It kept reconnecting when I would take it out of low range.

Wife and kids loved it! Planning to go back again and checkout some more difficult trails. I had to get used to the longer wheelbase, crunched on a few rocks, need a few inches of lift and some armor before we get too crazy.

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_0170.JPG

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I received mt JLXR a few days ago. After it came off the truck and still in the Service Department I added the Mopar 2" lift with Fox shocks and steering stabilizer. I gained exactly 1" on all four corners of lift. Thus the stock XR option likely has about 1.5" of lift from the factory. I then added Yokohama Geolandar X-A/T 37 12.50 17 tires with no clearance issues with the trailing arms. I ordered the factory beadlock rings but the Dealer said they were not DOT street legal here in SC so I did not put them on at this time. I found that likely there are no States that beadlock wheels are DOT approved according to my limited research, Added some rock sliders next. Then added Dana Spicer 44 Cast Iron Diferential Covers front and back. Added the Warn Evo 10S winch and hawse fairlead. Lastly added Advanced wheel locks 2ea/wheel to try and keep my wheels on the Jeep! FYI to get the brake light to fit the 37" tires simply remove the two screws and pull the frame up to the next hole and replace with only two screws. Five minute fix with zero cost.
Anyone need some brand new 35's or the old factory 1.5" springs shocks etc let me know. Here are some pics of my ride for your review and comment.

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 108C4722-58AB-4093-B92B-29769A8703CE

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 108C4722-58AB-4093-B92B-29769A8703CE

Bahahaah, I swear I tried to raise the damn 3rd break light. I don't know how I couldn't get the damn thing to work. I ended up buying the Mopar kit and moving it to the center of the wheel, I guess I need to go back and re-investigate this, having to take it loose every time I rotate the tires is going to get annoying where it is now.

The beadlocks are going to have to be a personal endeavor or you could probably get a 4wd shop to do it if you look around. Your standard shop will not accept the liability, nor do you want them to IMO. It's definitely not something they do day to day, and it's important that they get it right. It definitely makes a huge difference in the pressures you can run off road, and that translates into a super plush ride, and much more available grip. I'm enjoying them so far.

Your Jeep is looking damn fine by the way 😍

Demon 2048

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR with Extreme Rubicon option
Bahahaah, I swear I tried to raise the damn 3rd break light. I don't know how I couldn't get the damn thing to work. I ended up buying the Mopar kit and moving it to the center of the wheel, I guess I need to go back and re-investigate this, having to take it loose every time I rotate the tires is going to get annoying where it is now.

The beadlocks are going to have to be a personal endeavor or you could probably get a 4wd shop to do it if you look around. Your standard shop will not accept the liability, nor do you want them to IMO. It's definitely not something they do day to day, and it's important that they get it right. It definitely makes a huge difference in the pressures you can run off road, and that translates into a super plush ride, and much more available grip. I'm enjoying them so far.

Your Jeep is looking damn fine by the way 😍
Yeah, I bought all that bracket and threaded lug nut stuff as well as longer spare tire spacers. After I read your thread, I decided to see it I could get the light raised about 1.5" to clear the 37" tire. Took the spare tire off and pulled a little slack on the wire and then removed both screws on each side and pulled the light bracket up the 1.5" to the next hole in the bracket. Installed the bottom two screws back into the bracket and it is still very strong IMO. Still has all the factory stuff and I don't have to mess with wiring and lights when I rotate the tires and my backup camera is still in the factory housing and location.. Hope this clarification helps.

BTW your Jeep rocks as well. Nice job on the build so far.

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
Here are the measurements.

My Mopar Lift with 37 K02s vs Wife’s XR

Side Mirror top:
Mopar-61”
XR-59”

Rear Fender top:
Mopar-45.5”
XR-Just under 44”

Front Bumper Bolt above Fog Light:
Mopar-31”
XR-29”

Looks like 2 inches from my house :0
Sponsored