XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Chris, I edited and added measurements to my previous post that may help. While your question is simple, I don't think the answer is as straightforward. Hope others can give you that magical answer you're looking for. I get a little into the weeds, which is why I included the article. I think it's important to take those measurements, as everyone is different depending on their setup. Even from the factory, the XR was inconsistent with spring parts and bump stop extensions...hope that is all in the past. Good luck!
This point here is why I figured just buy 2.5" springs and longer travel shocks. My '22 Rubicon XR (plastic bumpers/tow pkg) has maybe 1.5" of clearance between bump stop and lower pad. I've parked next to other similar spec'd Rubicon XR's and seen more clearance and less clearance. Inconsistent for sure!

I considered a Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift and longer shocks but I figured while it's all apart, get nice springs.

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

This point here is why I figured just buy 2.5" springs and longer travel shocks. My '22 Rubicon XR (plastic bumpers/tow pkg) has maybe 1.5" of clearance between bump stop and lower pad. I've parked next to other similar spec'd Rubicon XR's and seen more clearance and less clearance. Inconsistent for sure!

I considered a Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift and longer shocks but I figured while it's all apart, get nice springs.
In hindsight, I should have just gone with a nice pair of 2.5" dual rate coils. The spacers have worked out well for now to compensate for factory rake and heavier mods up front (steel bumpers and winch). Which springs and shocks did you go with and how much bump spacing do you have now? I have about 3.5" of shaft showing on my falcons and a little over 3" of bump spacing. Not very much room before bottoming out...probably could use a 0.5" shim, if I could find one. I thought the MC bump stops would be a good solution, but those don't compress as much as I thought they would.

Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
In hindsight, I should have just gone with a nice pair of 2.5" dual rate coils. The spacers have worked out well for now to compensate for factory rake and heavier mods up front (steel bumpers and winch). Which springs and shocks did you go with and how much bump spacing do you have now? I have about 3.5" of shaft showing on my falcons and a little over 3" of bump spacing. Not very much room before bottoming out...probably could use a 0.5" shim, if I could find one. I thought the MC bump stops would be a good solution, but those don't compress as much as I thought they would.
I have not had the work completed yet. In "analysis paralysis" mode (haha) but I landed on Rock Krawler 2.5" springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks (3.5-4" lift model) for the extra travel. I am told that extra bump stops (1/2"-1" may be needed) on front & rear.

Rad-Beach-88

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Beach Edition
Picked up my 23 Wrangler Jeep Beach Edition standard XR pack, Premium Audio,8.4” screen,Cold Weather pack. My friend has a 4XE Sahara and says my XR rides and drives better than hers! Had 6 Jeep waves on my first drive to get coffee the morning after my purchase. Feeling the Jeep love here in Nashville!

CFF7D3A7-F277-4B69-B8BA-60CD2CF5C6AA.jpeg

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Picked up my 23 Wrangler Jeep Beach Edition standard XR pack, Premium Audio,8.4” screen,Cold Weather pack. My friend has a 4XE Sahara and says my XR rides and drives better than hers! Had 6 Jeep waves on my first drive to get coffee the morning after my purchase. Feeling the Jeep love here in Nashville!

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread CFF7D3A7-F277-4B69-B8BA-60CD2CF5C6AA
Congrats! If you plan to play in the rocks, prioritize an oil pan & transmission skid plate. There's nothing protecting it from the factory. My oil pan has a nice ding to prove it.

Rad-Beach-88

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Beach Edition
Congrats! If you plan to play in the rocks, prioritize an oil pan & transmission skid plate. There's nothing protecting it from the factory. My oil pan has a nice ding to prove it.
mostly gravel roads,back-roads,camping spots, grassy fields. Any serious 4X4 plans will include under-side protection. It’s to pretty to beat-up for now! 😊🤞

Sponsored

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I have not had the work completed yet. In "analysis paralysis" mode (haha) but I landed on Rock Krawler 2.5" springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks (3.5-4" lift model) for the extra travel. I am told that extra bump stops (1/2"-1" may be needed) on front & rear.
Yeah, looks like those shocks are about 1" longer than stock (collapsed). So 1" pucks are probably a good idea, depending on your current bump spacing. The Metalcloak durospring bump stops don't collapse like the stock ones, so that may be another potential option if you only need 1/2" or so.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yeah, looks like those shocks are about 1" longer than stock (collapsed). So 1" pucks are probably a good idea, depending on your current bump spacing. The Metalcloak durospring bump stops don't collapse like the stock ones, so that may be another potential option if you only need 1/2" or so.
I was also thinking that the longer RK springs would give me that extra length (when compressed) to avoid bottoming out the shocks.

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I was also thinking that the longer RK springs would give me that extra length (when compressed) to avoid bottoming out the shocks.
Interesting thought but I'm not sure you necessarily want the coils to bottom out either. I would do it the better way and either add a puck or upgrade your bump stops.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Interesting thought but I'm not sure you necessarily want the coils to bottom out either. I would do it the better way and either add a puck or upgrade your bump stops.
Valid point.

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
This person listed these wheels/tires on eBay and thy are obviously stolen. This is the first sell by this user and just created their profile days ago. I reported to eBay, but doubt they take down. Lock your wheels...your entire Jeep. They didn't spell Xtreme correctly...
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 1679597262340
Sponsored