Sponsored

XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
2 more questions: 1. Did you tint the front driver/passenger windows? 2. Willys is LSD; therefore, can I drive it in 4H as much as I want? The Rubicon locks so I understand you can't dirve with wheels locked all the time.
No, you cannot drive your Jeep in Part Time 4H, even with LSD. LSD doesn't affect your ability to drive in 4WD on dry pavement. The danger comes from the front and rear tires rotating at different speeds during a turn, which your transfer case will not be able to do while it is in 4WD.

The exception to those rule is if you have the optional 4WD Full Time system, which shows you to select between 4WD Full Time and 4WD Part Time. It's safe to use 4WD Full Time on dry pavement.
Sponsored

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
2 more questions: 1. Did you tint the front driver/passenger windows? 2. Willys is LSD; therefore, can I drive it in 4H as much as I want? The Rubicon locks so I understand you can't dirve with wheels locked all the time.
Agree with the answer above in regards to question 2. For the first question, I did tint the front driver and passenger with 20% to match the back and on the windshield I put a brow at 5%. Turned out great.

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
Can I get my Xtreme Recon through an automatic carwash that puts your tire in a track, then you put in neutral? I'm not sure the tires will fit...for today, it warming up enough to go to a coin operated wash...

Syrus88

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Expedition EL Limited
Can I get my Xtreme Recon through an automatic carwash that puts your tire in a track, then you put in neutral? I'm not sure the tires will fit...for today, it warming up enough to go to a coin operated wash...
I took mine through one a couple days ago and went fine, of course I folded the mirrors back and removed the 13” antenna… the only complaints I’d have is it doesn’t clean the spare wheel at all, of course doesn’t shine the spare, and doesn’t shine the four tires completely… so I had to touch up a little afterwards. But not much more than I had to with my Expedition…

TexasRay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys XR Gobi - Ordered 5/15...
I have run my XR through a tracked auto car wash several times. No issues at all!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
A little late posting. I picked it up last week. Wife snapped the pic when I was trying to take a look around.
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_20230131_130954_01

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
A little late posting. I picked it up last week. Wife snapped the pic when I was trying to take a look around.
Very nice JLULWXR or whatever...they are so much bigger in person...you are likely 6'. I measured mine at 6'2" and antenna at 6'6"...The bumper on front sticks out a long ways and wheel/tire on back so large, then add the wider Dana 44 axles...it is a hog in my garage.

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
What a sexy beast...the Jeeps are pretty cool too ;)

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Very nice JLULWXR or whatever...they are so much bigger in person...you are likely 6'. I measured mine at 6'2" and antenna at 6'6"...The bumper on front sticks out a long ways and wheel/tire on back so large, then add the wider Dana 44 axles...it is a hog in my garage.
I haven't tried to get it in my garage yet but that's where the lift is to take the top off so I'm going to have to make it work 🤣. And yes I'm 6'1 and it's still just a little over my head

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
What a sexy beast...the Jeeps are pretty cool too ;)
Thank you thank you :LOL:. I don't think that picture could be timed any worse
Sponsored