XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
2023 Willys XR 3.6, hard top, rock sliders on order. Questions: I purchased tow package. Does Tow Package come with heavier springs? Part 2: I like to camp/hike and all the gear including hard wood, water, ice...adds up. How much can I haul if I add nothing optional?
Sponsored

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
2023 Willys XR 3.6, hard top, rock sliders on order. Questions: I purchased tow package. Does Tow Package come with heavier springs? Part 2: I like to camp/hike and all the gear including hard wood, water, ice...adds up. How much can I haul if I add nothing optional?
Sticker on mine says:

Trailer–Tow and Heavy–Duty Electrical Group
  • Auxillary Switches
  • 240–Amp Alternator
  • 700–Amp Maintenance–Free Battery
  • Class II Receiver Hitch
  • 7– and 4–Pin Wiring Harness
Door sticker on mine says 850 lbs payload.

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sticker on mine says:

Trailer–Tow and Heavy–Duty Electrical Group
  • Auxillary Switches
  • 240–Amp Alternator
  • 700–Amp Maintenance–Free Battery
  • Class II Receiver Hitch
  • 7– and 4–Pin Wiring Harness
Door sticker on mine says 850 lbs payload.
Ouch...I was hoping for closer to 1,300#s. I guess we add weight with every option...I will keep any upgrades to a minimum and check weight.

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Ouch...I was hoping for closer to 1,300#s. I guess we add weight with every option...I will keep any upgrades to a minimum and check weight.
You might eventually want to install a lift kit that would get you a better payload capacity, something like AEV where their DualSport RT kit with standard springs (2.5") increases the load capacity by 400 lbs. over factory.

Sponsored

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might eventually want to install a lift kit that would get you a better payload capacity, something like AEV where their DualSport RT kit with standard springs (2.5") increases the load capacity by 400 lbs. over factory.
Will this make the ride stiffer or more bumpy? It is a great idea.

G-52

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR, 2022 Mini JCW
I’ve had mine about 2 weeks. My first Jeep; a 2.0 in Earl. Someone ordered it and didn’t pick it up. Drove 1300 miles to Ohio for the holidays; pulls and rides great on the highway. Auto start and heated seats/steering wheel have been great in this weather. loving the X-R setup👍

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 67DBD2C9-1DED-4D01-842F-2E75BBA889FB

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread BFF0E313-AA0D-4C06-B2C7-9ABB4CFA8015

Last edited:

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR

Sponsored

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
Yours will come with the same "sliders" as shown in the pic you are referencing.
All of these months of research and I didnt realize XR comes with sliders. Still going to get the OEDRO Running Boards to help the family get in the truck. Hopefully can get something for them after I take them off.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
All of these months of research and I didnt realize XR comes with sliders. Still going to get the OEDRO Running Boards to help the family get in the truck. Hopefully can get something for them after I take them off.

They are not heavy duty. They are more of a finishing piece IMO if you are getting into the rocks.

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I'm in the same boat and have been looking at those Oedro running boards or a pair of Sahara running boards.

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Just don’t confuse the standard Rubi rock rails that come with the XR with the Enhanced Mopar version that provide a small ledge on which to step. You won’t get much of anything for the included rock rails. I would keep them so you can put the vehicle back to stock when you sell it one day.
Sponsored