XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Jeff, I’ve been following your suspension journey. I like the idea of the RK springs but will probably go with the Fox 2.0. I know a lot of people like the MC RS TTs though.
In my opinion FOX shocks are way too stiff unless you get them custom valved for your rig. That’s a lot of cash for a shock that also needs to be rebuilt every so many miles. My brother had them on his Jeep and I am not a fan. The MC shocks are valved differently so react much differently on and off road. If I wore out a set every 3-4 years I certainly would’t complain at their price either. If I was gonna spend the money on high end shocks I’d go for MC 6packs or Kings.
I have tried a lot them of different shocks and think I finally found the perfect match for the RK springs. If I couldn’t get MC RockSports Rancho 9000 adjustables also work very well and I would buy them before I’d even look at Fox or Bilstein again.
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
7 months and it's finally here. Gonna drive it stock for a while and watch what people are doing for a good, functional 37" tire setup with factory wheels and go that route.
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 20220813_143540
Congrats!

That's my plan too. Currently I'm thinking 3/4" spring spacers and some fox shocks for some additional down travel. Might do a fender chop if there's rubbing in the front with a true 37 after that.

My XR is currently being shipped, so I'm close!

Sponsored

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

In my opinion FOX shocks are way too stiff unless you get them custom valved for your rig. That’s a lot of cash for a shock that also needs to be rebuilt every so many miles. My brother had them on his Jeep and I am not a fan. The MC shocks are valved differently so react much differently on and off road. If I wore out a set every 3-4 years I certainly would’t complain at their price either. If I was gonna spend the money on high end shocks I’d go for MC 6packs or Kings.
I have tried a lot them of different shocks and think I finally found the perfect match for the RK springs. If I couldn’t get MC RockSports Rancho 9000 adjustables also work very well and I would buy them before I’d even look at Fox or Bilstein again.
I've heard FOX are not nearly as firm as others, but we're getting into very subjective territory that is dependent on many other factors. I have Bilstein on my Ram and not a big fan. I will never ever go Rancho in my life (no offense to others). I'm also considering the 2 door version of the Falcon SP2 2.1 set to "soft" mode...currently on sale for not much more than the FOX. We'll see if I can get sign off from the boss to take the next step. Thanks for the feedback.

Don_TLR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XR
Well mine finally came, I ordered Dec21 and it came in on Thursday. I had ordered quite a few parts and pre ordered some Nitro's since they were on backorder prior so I got them installed Friday.
Going to go with a Game Changer setup with some steering upgrades and armor but for now it was nice to get out and in the desert again.
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_3155 Lar

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Well mine finally came, I ordered Dec21 and it came in on Thursday. I had ordered quite a few parts and pre ordered some Nitro's since they were on backorder prior so I got them installed Friday.
Going to go with a Game Changer setup with some steering upgrades and armor but for now it was nice to get out and in the desert again.
They mounted Nittos on stock car wheels? I though Nittos needed an 8.5 wheel at the mininmum?

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
I feel you. I ordered mine on Jan 21 and got mine last Monday. I’m having my Mopar 2” moved over from my 21 Rubicon to buy me a little time before the 3.5” Gamechanger and MC HD steering components go on. Seems we’re building similar Vehicles. Here it’s is mostly stock still.
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread AE5C795F-915F-4F31-ABE1-F6720863398E

Sponsored

HydroBlueFan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
My 2023 JLURXR is presently being built. I have the Mopar steel bumpers and want to add a Badlands Apex 1300 lb winch. Any suggestions for a strong winch plate?

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
My 2023 JLURXR is presently being built. I have the Mopar steel bumpers and want to add a Badlands Apex 1300 lb winch. Any suggestions for a strong winch plate?
I used the Warn one and have been happy with it.

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
I went with the Grimm winch plate. It is rated for 14,000 lbs of pull. Install was pretty straight forward and all the bolt holes lined up. Another plus is I didn't have to trim the Apex line release handle to clear the bumper. It is a tight fit. Some people rerouted the wiring from the back of the Apex to the side to give more room.

Mikeviv

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
2 weeks of ownership and getting ready to tow for a trip to NM and CO starting this weekend.

Tint and ceramic coating is done, PPF is getting finished up now.

Here’s the Smittybilt XRC bumper and Rockslide Engineering rails/steps installed. (Also installed a rough country winch as I couldn’t justify the cost for a Warn - more money for other mods!).

Looks like I lost about .75” in the front and 0.5” in the rear off clearance with the extra weight. I haven’t driven the Jeep much and still in the break in period so don’t have a lot of data to compare the ride but it doesn’t seem to have impacted things too much.

I think they installed the fog lights upside down, but can anyone confirm. My fog lights seem to have both an upper and lower cutoff but most pictures I can find online have a single upper cutoff so not sure. As the Jeep is getting PPF done, I can’t test out the light patterns.

I can see the led bulb shining up from the bottom and hitting the reflector plus the DOT writing is upside down so pretty sure they mixed it up.

Can anyone please confirm?

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 79C36290-CC50-4CFF-8C87-F274F5BE55F9

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 79C36290-CC50-4CFF-8C87-F274F5BE55F9

Sponsored