Sponsored

XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Can anyone tell me or does anyone know the stock fender height of the XR's ?

I measured 40" in the front,, and 40.5" in the rear after installing my front bumper / winch ... Curious how much I lost in the front .. Maybe it was 40.5" ..

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR

I measured 40" in the front,, and 40.5" in the rear after installing my front bumper / winch ... Curious how much I lost in the front .. Maybe it was 40.5" ..
I measured 41 1/8 front. 41 3/4 rear. Mine was ordered with factory steel bumpers. Tires at 36 PSI and just under 1/2 tank of gas. This was from ground to the underside of the XR flare extensions. Both taken on the driver's side.

Updated 6/27/22: I just measured again since my numbers were higher. 41 1/4 front. 41 3/4 rear.

Last edited:

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Spent Saturday morning at Uwharrie National Forest
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread URE1

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread URE2
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread URE3

Sponsored

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

Mine came with the plastic bumper and I was 40 7/8" just under the lip of the XR flare extension. After installing the Mopar steel bumper, I'm at 40 1/2". That kind of surprised me, as I was only hoping for a 1/2" drop with both the steel bumper and winch. I have both the 1" and 1/2" TF spacers lying in wait, so we'll see what I need to compensate for the add'l weight.

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
37" KO2s, Rubicon Steel skid plate, and Diode Dynamics SS3 for now.
Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread URE3
How hard was it to put on the steel bumper group skid plate on the plastic bumper? I ordered my XR with plastic bumpers but I don’t like the plastic skid that they come with.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was it to put on the steel bumper group skid plate on the plastic bumper? I ordered my XR with plastic bumpers but I don’t like the plastic skid that they come with.
I believe that is the one that comes standard on Gladiators with plastic bumper

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Fins N Things

178AD81E-2D57-4796-AC69-2EB324B0A5B5.jpeg
Do those front mud flaps help from slinging rocks onto your rear fender? I already have a couple small dings. At least it's just black plastic. But it still sucks.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Do those front mud flaps help from slinging rocks onto your rear fender? I already have a couple small dings. At least it's just black plastic. But it still sucks.
Those are Rok Blox XLs. I like them because they just fold over rocks. They help with rock slinging but they don’t eliminate it.

The rear fenders are just gonna get chewed up if you drive on gravel roads. Doesn’t seem to be any way to avoid it. I agree it sucks.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Those are Rok Blox XLs. I like them because they just fold over rocks. They help with rock slinging but they don’t eliminate it.

The rear fenders are just gonna get chewed up if you drive on gravel roads. Doesn’t seem to be any way to avoid it. I agree it sucks.
Yeah even my driveway is a gravel road. Lol. Alot of people say it's also the KO2 tires. But I'm obviously not changing them for awhile. Plus I think most all terrain tires would have a similar affect. 🤔

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
Ordered 1/28/22 finally arrived 6/10/28. Painful wait, lol. The one touch power top - is awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread 178AD81E-2D57-4796-AC69-2EB324B0A5B5
Beautiful JLURXR. I have same with Blue. I luv the one touch. I am too lazy/Old to take on off hard top. If it rains easy fix, press button!!!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful JLURXR. I have same with Blue. I luv the one touch. I am too lazy/Old to take on off hard top. If it rains easy fix, press button!!!
I knew if I went with a hard top it probably would rarely come off. Plus not enough room in the garage to safely store it. I went soft top. 2 latches and folds back in 2 seconds.
Sponsored