XTREME RECON Edition JL Club Thread

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
I received mt JLXR a few days ago. After it came off the truck and still in the Service Department I added the Mopar 2" lift with Fox shocks and steering stabilizer. I gained exactly 1" on all four corners of lift. Thus the stock XR option likely has about 1.5" of lift from the factory. I then added Yokohama Geolandar X-A/T 37 12.50 17 tires with no clearance issues with the trailing arms. I ordered the factory beadlock rings but the Dealer said they were not DOT street legal here in SC so I did not put them on at this time. I found that likely there are no States that beadlock wheels are DOT approved according to my limited research, Added some rock sliders next. Then added Dana Spicer 44 Cast Iron Diferential Covers front and back. Added the Warn Evo 10S winch and hawse fairlead. Lastly added Advanced wheel locks 2ea/wheel to try and keep my wheels on the Jeep! FYI to get the brake light to fit the 37" tires simply remove the two screws and pull the frame up to the next hole and replace with only two screws. Five minute fix with zero cost.
Anyone need some brand new 35's or the old factory 1.5" springs shocks etc let me know. Here are some pics of my ride for your review and comment.

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

That set up looks amazing.
Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
Hi everyone....18 weeks into my build...just got note from dealer that its eta is 12/16/21...wish me luck.
Its been a loooooong, sometimes frustrating road.
Hope to be able to share photos soon.

I assume you all had price increases from when you ordered...mine is about $600 more on the window sticker...dealer said they will hold by price when my order went in.
Also I noticed they deleted floor mats from the window sticker....not a big deal...I read that on another page too....I just order from Amazon.

rcitone

First Name
Wen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I assume you all had price increases from when you ordered...mine is about $600 more on the window sticker...dealer said they will hold by price when my order went in.
I've been tracking a few XR build threads on the forum but this is the first time hearing about price increase. But maybe I just missed it. What's the reason for the increase? Did you order a 392?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can someone put a set of calipers on their front axle tube and report in the diameter? Asking as helped a local guy with an XR install some parts last weekend and some suspicion if it had the right front axle.

MY4x4

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 XR
Hi everyone....18 weeks into my build...just got note from dealer that its eta is 12/16/21...wish me luck.
Its been a loooooong, sometimes frustrating road.
Hope to be able to share photos soon.

Also I noticed they deleted floor mats from the window sticker....not a big deal...I read that on another page too....I just order from Amazon.
Good luck! I’m on week 16. ETA delivery Dec 28th. UGH!! Looking forward to your pictures.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've been tracking a few XR build threads on the forum but this is the first time hearing about price increase. But maybe I just missed it. What's the reason for the increase? Did you order a 392?
Price went up quite a bit for some folks. Started at $87,365 went to $88,265.

FCA does price increases occasionally throughout the year, and since some folks had builds take so long from time of order to delivery, prices went up a fair bit. In my case it's about 1%.

Base price went up from $74,195 to $74,795.
Gorilla Glass went up from $95 to $195.
Paint went from $245 to $295.
Sky One Touch went from $2000 to $2050.
Destination went from $1495 to $1595.

Last edited:

rcitone

First Name
Wen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Price went up quite a bit for some folks. Started at $87,365 went to $88,265.

FCA does price increases occasionally throughout the year, and since some folks had builds take so long from time of order to delivery, prices went up a fair bit. In my case it's about 1%.

Base price went up from $74,195 to $74,795.
Gorilla Glass went up from $95 to $195.
Paint went from $245 to $295.
Sky One Touch went from $2000 to $2050.
Destination went from $1495 to $1595.
I thought the dealer would honor the original price at the time of signing contract. This is good to know!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I thought the dealer would honor the original price at the time of signing contract. This is good to know!
I don't think FCA would price protect them on this.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Axles
Can someone put a set of calipers on their front axle tube and report in the diameter? Asking as helped a local guy with an XR install some parts last weekend and some suspicion if it had the right front axle.
Axle tubes are the same outside diameter for all of them. The XR has a thicker tube and cast iron Cs like the Gladiator, opposed to aluminum Cs.