XRC Gen 3 Fairlead Warn Filler Plate

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I just installed the XRC Gen 3 and used the Warn Winch Plate that’s used by Mopar. The SmittyBuilt Fairlead and Warn Filler Plate have a lot of play up and down until you tighten the bolts down due to the larger holes in the Winch Plate.

The concern I have is if the winch is recovering a vehicle on a down slope, the force of the rope will put so much pressure on the Fairlead that it will slip.

Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I just realized that in the instructions it shows holes in the Filler Plate that aren’t on my filler plate?
E70E25CC-9165-42F2-A243-1AC766B8569B.jpeg
1D5B2F8F-E890-4DCA-A737-89FCE14C71CE.jpeg

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
So no one as a thought on this?

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
if everything is tighten down should be a issue even if it does slide around in the holes under load it will be 1/4" or less up and down so that is not going to mess with anything, the only thing to check would be if the fairlead does shift will it cause the cable to rub on a sharp edge

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
if everything is tighten down should be a issue even if it does slide around in the holes under load it will be 1/4" or less up and down so that is not going to mess with anything, the only thing to check would be if the fairlead does shift will it cause the cable to rub on a sharp edge
Thanks buddy!!! I just spooled the line under a pretty good load and it didn’t shift. If it were to shift; it’s possible that the line would be running across the winch and bumper opening and it’s a 90° angle, not sharp but I wouldn’t want it rubbing on it under a heavy load. Will have to try a load on an incline to see if the downward pressure moves the Fairlead.

I don’t know why they didn’t make the holes smaller. There has to to be an insert out there somewhere so you can make a hole smaller.
Sponsored