Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
392 will be obsolete with that new inline 6 pumping out 500 hp 500 torque.
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yet actually going with that information would have saved you thousands of dollars, as there have been monumental price increases since. So maybe not the worst thing that could have happened to you if you did believe itā€¦.
Lol , Now thatā€™s some spin. So telling us after the order banks closed that the 392 is discontinued saved us money how? Telling us it was discontinued before it was discontinued wouldā€™ve helped , telling us after is worthless and then the info is wrong.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yes itā€™s been confirmed by multiple people that the 392 is definitely discontinued. Lol , see above.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Lol , Now thatā€™s some spin. So telling us after the order banks closed that the 392 is discontinued saved us money how? Telling us it was discontinued before it was discontinued wouldā€™ve helped , telling us after is worthless and then the info is wrong.
Some call it spin, others call it perspective. And by the way, it wouldnā€™t be the first time that things change in the world. Happens every single moment in your life

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
I don't want to be another rumor spinner, but just wait until the new order book posts this June... The 392 won't be dead, but it's going to be different. And expensive... They want to go out with a bang, and they're hopefully going to really push the limits. Some parts (like a beefier front and rear swaybar) will hopefully be compatible with the '21 and '22 mounts.

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Seems several folks already have orders in just this week for 392 XR's on the new 2023 models so we may want to check on that before we keep repeating the rumors of it being dead..... Alive and kicking šŸ„

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
XRs are definitely not dead. I donā€™t believe anyone is saying that now. He was referring to in the past, that was the feeling and rumor.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Ordered a 23 392 XR this past Thursday so itā€™s definitely not dead.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only to those who only care about peak numbers.
Turbo engine will have have higher Torque and hp across the whole range.

Superchargers would need rpm to build the power.

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 392 XR is definitely not dead yet. I'm glad I got mine recently, but I have a tendency to like to buy "last year" models. That said, I got it at a good price, and on awesome loan terms, so I'm happy with it. Definitely the bargain of the century when you consider everything you get with it. If the rumored 20th anniversary package is announced in a couple of weeks, and if it it can come with the body-colored standard roof, I'll put a deposit down on one. It's *supposed* to come with 37" tires, a real lift, beefier axles, stiffer sway bars, better Fox shocks (I think the 2.5's), factory winch option, and a 392 that puts out more HP. MSRP is rumored to be $99k to start, and there are enough options to jack that up to the stratosphere. I'm hoping my dealer honors his promise to do it at invoice...

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo engine will have have higher Torque and hp across the whole range.

Superchargers would need rpm to build the power.
I think you might have that backwards - I went with a Kenne Bell supercharger on my WJ because it makes torque immediately. A twin turbo needs time to spool up to really start generating results. Might be a bit different nowadays with advanced materials that can spin up faster. I'm not a big fan of forced induction anymore - too much complexity.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you might have that backwards - I went with a Kenne Bell supercharger on my WJ because it makes torque immediately. A twin turbo needs time to spool up to really start generating results. Might be a bit different nowadays with advanced materials that can spin up faster. I'm not a big fan of forced induction anymore - too much complexity.
Maybe so. The newer Jeeps with turbos have a mostly Flat torque curve. Spooling is almost immediately.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Maybe so. The newer Jeeps with turbos have a mostly Flat torque curve. Spooling is almost immediately.
No maybe to it. A supercharger is warp speed in millisecond. A turbo is most certainly not. But both are way fun to drive for sure

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Kenne Bell setup turned that 4.7L V8 into a beast. Gas mileage went way down, though. It takes around 80 HP just to run the thing - but it does add around 150HP total on race gas. The 4.7L V8 is a really good engine - it's almost a Hemi, has overhead cams, and from what I can see it's basically a Mercedes engine stuffed into a Jeep. I've had my issues with the supercharger, but overall, it runs great and really does perform. Unfortunately, after the COVID lockdown, it's been sitting for too long and the rodents had their way with it. Now, I'm trying to unscrew the damage those damned things did to the wiring.
Sponsored