First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
392XRs will get 25MPG on unicorn blood. I read that on a forum. Jeep has repeatedly said that it doesn’t and that the 392 and 392XR will get the same MPG on unicorn blood. But it gets 25MPG!
The manual says premium unicorn blood, don't forget!
Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I heard it was basically a demand issue. They sell a ton more of the standard Jeeps than the 392s, and the 392s sell like at capacity as it is, so they're allocating the remaining XR parts to the non-392 Jeeps to move more of them. The rationale is that the $4k package is a relatively high-margin package on a $40k Jeep - but not so much on a $90k Jeep. Sounds like a bean counter decision to me, but that's corporate America that we all love.
I don't like it but this makes sense that a business would make this decision when faced with current supply chain issues and manufacturing limitations. Bring up the ASP of the lower priced but higher volume models.

King Mopar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hellcat, 2022 392XR, 2020 JLU
I don't like it but this makes sense that a business would make this decision when faced with current supply chain issues and manufacturing limitations. Bring up the ASP of the lower priced but higher volume models.
Yeah - I mean as consumers the only thing we can do is gripe, lol. Just glad I got mine before they cut the option.

MrBear

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
My new guess is because of all the High Tide models they promised in April.

@King Mopar I think a few of us have a list of questions for your Toledo connect lol..

Sponsored

arandazz

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Agreed - I corrected my post. According to the manufacturer, stock Rubicon's run on 32.7" tires, and the XR runs on 34.4" tires. The metric thing always gets me... This may explain why the net ride height is virtually the same between the two. The difference in those would only equate to about 0.85" between the two, which most wouldn't notice.
Last week we picked up our 2022 392 XR. We traded our 2021 Rubicon. With both parked next to each other the 392 XR looks massive. We measured the ride height on both of them. The 392 XR measured just about 3” higher.

Jeep Wrangler JL XR Xtreme Recon Package removed from 392 order banks 27379CCB-FE91-43DF-9793-CD4883CD4B18

MattM95

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited XR
Always here to update the community as soon as I can, even with bad news.....

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Always here to update the community as soon as I can, even with bad news.....
Huh? What's the bad news... We don't need any more of that with COVID and now Ukraine.

I'm waiting on my 392 XR and I've put my name down on the 20th Anniversary Rubicon 392 that *should* come out in October. Let's hope prices don't soar in lock step with interest rates - we're getting into supercar range already.

MattM95

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited XR
Huh? What's the bad news... We don't need any more of that with COVID and now Ukraine.

I'm waiting on my 392 XR and I've put my name down on the 20th Anniversary Rubicon 392 that *should* come out in October. Let's hope prices don't soar in lock step with interest rates - we're getting into supercar range already.
The bad news was the XR was gone on the 392 nothing new as far as any options being pulled

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
The bad news was the XR was gone on the 392 nothing new as far as any options being pulled
Yeah, that was bad news - and I'd be super pissed off if I didn't get my order in before the cutoff. But, that said, the 2023 model looks really cool. 37" tires, a real 2" lift, factory 12,000 lb winch, and supposedly about 15 more HP. I don't like the stupid roof - so hopefully they can do away with that. I don't need to spend $2k for something that's going to leak and end up filling my car with mold.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not surprised.

Knowing that Jeeps have had tinny tires forever before the Rubi 33s and now 35s because of liability and
seeing how people with 392 tend to race them, Jeep probably saw a catastrophe waiting to happen with the combination of that kind of power, a suspension lift and 35 inch tires.
Well, they need to find a solution as they'll need something to counter the Bronco Raptor with the 400HP and factory 37s.

The answer is:
1 - Great shocks - just take a look at the Bronco and F150 Raptor electronically adjustable bypass shocks, compared to the Walmart cheap-o-matic shocks Jeep puts on the 392 and Rubicons.
2 - Vehicle width - that is why the Bronco and F150 Raptors are the widest light duty vehicles on sale.
3 - IFS probably helps them, but Jeep has to do it with solid front axle.

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Agreed. No 392 XR any more... Because the 23 model will have to compete with the raptor... So new model designation with 37s and whatever.. MSRP will have to be close to raptors 70k though... Maybe mopar lift and 37s... We will see..

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Reread this thread and look at all the wrong Information! The 392 will never be made again the XR package will never be made again. I got it from reliable sources etc. etc. Here’s a lesson let’s not listen to the people who are wrong.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Reread this thread and look at all the wrong Information! The 392 will never be made again the XR package will never be made again. I got it from reliable sources etc. etc. Here’s a lesson let’s not listen to the people who are wrong.
Yet actually going with that information would have saved you thousands of dollars, as there have been monumental price increases since. So maybe not the worst thing that could have happened to you if you did believe it….

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Actually since the 392XR cannot be ordered and likely will never be offered again in its current form, you can say whatever you like since it won’t really impact anyone trying to decide what to buy…. So have at. I will start.

392XRs will get 25MPG on unicorn blood. I read that on a forum. Jeep has repeatedly said that it doesn’t and that the 392 and 392XR will get the same MPG on unicorn blood. But it gets 25MPG!
I have confirmed the XR is not coming back to the 392. I have a 22' 392 XR set up with 37's, 70lb. winch and bull bar and haven't had any issues with bump stops.

I don't have any current explanation on why the removed the XR option from the 392 but I would guess it has more to do with the build process at the factory for the 392. Once mine was built it sat for almost a month in the aftermarket department. My guess is that was mostly due to the XR option.

Who knows though - honestly don't know that we will ever hear the truth. After a few thousand miles I haven't had a single issue with mine yet.
how did you confirm that it's not coming back? that's interesting...
By talking with friends who work at the factory in Toledo.
Sponsored