Sponsored

Chacalou

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Jeeps upgrading the rear axle to the new Dana 50 similar to Ford with 37 inch tire so that Jeep can an offer a 37 inch tire as well.
35 inch tires on XR V6/I4 models. (dana 44 F&R)
37 inch tires on XR V8 392. (dana 50 rear & 44 front)
This will allow them to offer a 2 wheel dr mode in the transfer case to pick up a little mpg to offset the 37 inch tires mpg loss.
How accurate is that ?.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Nothing wrong with wet dreams.
Actually— I will be Very Unhappy if they upgrade the 22’s to D50’s and those of us with 21’s aren’t offered an upgrade deal. My son even said “ don’t get a 21 they will probably have to upgrade the D44’s”

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Actually— I will be Very Unhappy if they upgrade the 22’s to D50’s and those of us with 21’s aren’t offered an upgrade deal. My son even said “ don’t get a 21 they will probably have to upgrade the D44’s”
I don’t think you have to worry…. They have to leave something for the aftermarket. D50s are for Fords. The TRX even still has a D44 up front and D60 in back.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think you have to worry…. They have to leave something for the aftermarket. D50s are for Fords. The TRX even still has a D44 up front and D60 in back.
TRX D44-60 is surprising. It is a 2500 but my 95 has D60-D80.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Are there really that many people buying 392s? I know people like to spend money on Jeeps, but $80,000 for a Jeep doesn’t seem like something that a large percentage of people would purchase…
I ordered my 21 JLU on Nov 1st 2020, received it 3 days before Christmas 2020. In Jan or February of 21 they came out with the 392. I've been kicking myself that I didn't wait but then I had no clue that the 392 was coming out. Had I known I would have definitely waited and purchased the 392. Now I'm sticking with what I have, I've grown attached to my baby so I'm not getting rid of it for anything else, plus....my color Snazzberry is not available anymore so that seals my decision. Funny how we all get so attached to the colors of our Jeeps! I must say though that I was at the Pittsburgh Auto Show today and they had a Rubicon in Hydro blue and DAMN was it sharp looking!!

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don’t think you have to worry…. They have to leave something for the aftermarket.
Why do they have to? Jeep wants to capture as much of that revenue as they can. In fact they are building a whole new facility to customize Wranglers prior to delivery to dealers.

What Ford has done with the Raptor/Everglades and Jeep has done with the 392/XR/Beach is exactly trying to offer what folks go to aftermarket for.

Most owners go to aftermarket because there is no factory option.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do they have to? Jeep wants to capture as much of that revenue as they can. In fact they are building a whole new facility to customize Wranglers prior to delivery to dealers.

What Ford has done with the Raptor/Everglades and Jeep has done with the 392/XR/Beach is exactly trying to offer what folks go to aftermarket for.

Yep-factory option = Warranty, good selling point. I wonder if the “ Custom shop” work will be considered a warranty option?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 21 JLU on Nov 1st 2020, received it 3 days before Christmas 2020. In Jan or February of 21 they came out with the 392. I've been kicking myself that I didn't wait but then I had no clue that the 392 was coming out. Had I known I would have definitely waited and purchased the 392. Now I'm sticking with what I have, I've grown attached to my baby so I'm not getting rid of it for anything else, plus....my color Snazzberry is not available anymore so that seals my decision. Funny how we all get so attached to the colors of our Jeeps! I must say though that I was at the Pittsburgh Auto Show today and they had a Rubicon in Hydro blue and DAMN was it sharp looking!!

I was looking for Hyrdro Blue when I found Mojito Green. :) I still love the Hydro Blue though and may order that one down the road if it is still available.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

I'm not sure I agree with that... I think people go aftermarket because of the variety, quality, etc. Factory options are very limited in their varieties which is precisely what drives the aftermarket business...

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392

I was specifically talking about bigger axles than the d44s. There is such a tiny percentage of owners that want or need bigger. Jeep is already is taking away some revenue from the after market.

AEV is a great example. My JKUR was aev, I spent a lot with them. But for bumpers, lift sizes and quality, winches and shocks People want choices and some want cheap. Jeep is not going to offer all that.
Sponsored

Last edited: